All reviewssky barskye barnelson mandela squaretop floorrivonia roadnice hotelhourly shuttleroom servicegautrain stationsmall gymbusiness centersandton cityrestaurant staffbusiness triplong flightshuttle serviceshopping mall
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I spent 6 nights, nothing spectacular to write home about. However, I did appreciate the location since it was next to the office I was visiting plus the shuttle services were great. Staff should be trained to be more friendly, especially during breakfast, I went two days without tea/coffee- I suppose staff were busy but still unacceptable. Lastly, kindly include shower caps in the bathroom for ladies.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
nik6311, Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Vera

I trust this note finds you well.

Thank you for the feedback provided, we appreciate and value your comments regarding your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused during the breakfast service. I will share your feedback with the team, excellent service and friendliness is non-negotiable.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to host you and to restore your confidence in our service.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

This was my first trip to South Africa and our hotel was chosen by my travel partner. I have never known a friendlier staff. Everyone, without exception, bent over backwards to help us feel welcome and cared about. What this tells me is that they are treated well by management, and that means more to me than a beautiful pool. (Even tho there was one.) Breakfast was terrific, fabulous coffee, sparkling rooms and fast elevators. I would definitely book it again.

Room Tip: Be aware of possible construction in the area.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Janet

Greetings from Johannesburg.

it was great to host you here, we are delighted to hear that your first visit to South Africa created fantastic memories.
Thank you for a wonderful feedback on your stay, we hope to see you soon again.

Nikola

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Check-In with Jane was easy and all the ladies at the front desk that morning were very pleasant. I arrived early since I was coming from a hotel 5 minutes away. I was happy my room was ready at 11:30. This is a more upscale Holiday Inn. I have gotten used to the Express. It had a nice sitting area in the lobby, a restaurant that served more than breakfast and The Chairman Bar. It was a bonus that it had a shuttle that ran to Mandela Square and the Gautrain Station every hour even though they were only a 15 to 20 minute walk away. My room was spacious and had a good setup. My only complaints were that there were no plugs close to the bed to plug my cell phone up at night, the wifi seemed to be a bit slow for this to be more of a business hotel and every now and then I would catch a faint smell of raw sewage when I ran the water in the sink. There was construction next door so maybe that had something to do with it. When I left I took my own bags down but the bellman quickly came to assist when he saw me with my luggage.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LivingDreamsJoyfully
nik6311, Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear LDJ03

Thank you for a great review, team is delighted with your feedback.

Indeed, no plugs near the bed can be tad frustrating however good news is that we are looking to rectify this soon.

Hope to see you and meet you on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

When we booked in 2 women in our group were threatened by an employee demanding a bigger tip for porterage although I had paid for the porterage. The Saturday evening was devoid of any meat (chicken is not meat). Breakfast was good but slow due to inadequate serving places. The buses have to park outside in Rivonia road, I can just imagine what happens when it rains.

Room Tip: Away from road and adjacent construction site
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
nik6311, Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear kdgarlipp

I trust my response finds you well.

Thank you for providing us with the feedback on your most recent stay with us, this is truly appreciated.
I understand your frustration regarding the tip soliciting - this is , I agree, totally unacceptable. Hotel strongly condemn this type of behaviour and , if possible, I would kindly ask for further information on this incident in order to investigate further. Please contact me on nikola.jelenovic@hisandton.co.za.
Your comments regarding our Food and beverage offering have been noted, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.
Whilst we did not entirely meet your expectations on this occasion I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Impressed by the service I received on entering the equally impressive hotel foyer. Stunning pool deck and Skye bar on top floor of this hotel, with great views over Sandton and surrounding suburbs.Will definitely be back in December with my family for a short stop over on my way to the Pilansburg.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear Justrod2017

Thank you for the fantastic feedback on your most recent stay with us, this is truly appreciated. Team is delighted with your comments.
Let me know when back in December, would like to meet you and thank you in person for the great review.