Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road
US$230
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$222
Glenalmond Hotel Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$240
US$126
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

Rivonia Bed & Breakfast Garden Estate(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$141
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssky barskye barnelson mandela squaretop floorrivonia roadevery hournice hotelroom servicegautrain stationsmall gymbusiness centersandton cityrestaurant staffbusiness tripfree shuttlelong flightshuttle service
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Impressed by the service I received on entering the equally impressive hotel foyer. Stunning pool deck and Skye bar on top floor of this hotel, with great views over Sandton and surrounding suburbs.Will definitely be back in December with my family for a short stop over on my way to the Pilansburg.

Stayed: October 2017
nik6311, Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Justrod2017

Thank you for the fantastic feedback on your most recent stay with us, this is truly appreciated. Team is delighted with your comments.
Let me know when back in December, would like to meet you and thank you in person for the great review.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I checked in to the hotel today. I am a IHG Rewards club Gold Elite member. IHG makes a great deal of the membership benefits which it advertises. I was not at all acknowledged as a member, leave aside any priority check in. OK, I agree the receptionist can forget at times. So I asked her if my membership number is registered with the reservation. She checked and said "Yes". That's it. No acknowledgement or explanation of any benefits It was very demeaning especially because I had heard her telling the guest who checked in before me about the complimentary lounge access for IHG members.
On reaching the room, I once again called her and asked her if I can expect any benefits as a Gold member. First benefit she mentioned is that I am provided a clean room. (I checked in at 10 pm in the night). Can you imagine that!!! In the end she did mention that I can visit the lounge as a compliment.
Very disappointed with this ill treatment being a Gold Elite member and choosing IHG as a preferred stay for my travel.

Dear guest

I trust this finds you well and that you have returned home safely from your visit to Johannesburg.
Thank you for the feedback provided, indeed disappointing check in experience. Please be assured that we fully value your loyalty and your Gold Elite status. I have dealt with your feedback internally in n appropriate manner.
Further, I have responded to you via E mail.
Once again, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused with my assurance that this will not happen again.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

As a platinum member i expect more, as a guest I expect more.
No advice on the lounge at checkin, had to ask, skye bar closed on sundays and Monday's but not detailed on website
Menus on website not up to date
Skye bar closed for function so third night without
Restaurant only serves buffet " due to high occupancy" so not much choice apart from bat food or as offered " you can have room service"
Lounge offers two free drinks and any more na kore expensive that at the (small) bar.

Over all very disappointed, will stay at the Hilton next visit

Dear Neilskates

Greeting form Johannesburg!
Thank you for your feedback, truly appreciated.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused, looks like a number of things went wrong here. I have also sent you a mail with more detail.

Whilst we did not entirely meet your expectations on this occasion, I sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

There is a big construction site just next the hotel, they are working till late at night. so if you want to rest and sleep, avoid this hotel. They shouldn even sell the rooms facing the construction site.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear General_traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We regret to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience due to the inconvenience caused by the construction noise during visit. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Enjoyed the stay. Breakfast was a excellent offering.
Skye bar has a stunning view over the the city and very good service.
Reception Ladies was friendly and got a very efficient and quick check in.
Offered a complementary Shuttle service to Sandton Convention Center for our meeting.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dudu Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Good day Ernst b,
Greetings and thank you for your lovely review. We hope you will afford us the pleasure of hosting you the next time you have a trip to Johannesburg

Kind regards