All reviews sky bar skye bar nelson mandela square top floor rivonia road nice hotel hourly shuttle room service gautrain station small gym business center sandton city restaurant staff business trip long flight shuttle service shopping mall
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I spent a full week at Holiday Inn Sandton. Very well located, walking distance to Nelson Mandela square with several restaurants around. Regular shuttles. Very welcoming and kind staff. A bit disappointed by the food though. Good rooms, well furnished. Nice bathroom.
Good place to stay for a business trip at affordable rate.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dudu Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Good day Jerome M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite being disappointed by the food.
I hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back and you can see the changes and improvements made

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Typical Holiday Inn - great quality and centrally located. They have a great business lounge with snacks and coffee and drinks all day. Only stayed one night so not much else to add but always a pleasure to stay here. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Good day Leon L,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are delighted that you had a good stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Visited the hotel on business and I must admit it was a great experience. Meeting rooms were well set, service was great and the set up was impeccable. Great food and really enjoyed a cocktail party. Not far from the Gautrain station and the sandton shopping mall; walking distance.

Thanks for the memorable service to Nikola and the entire team. Will be back! :-)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Wayne S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Many thanks for your review and taking the time to share, we are updating our pages and information hence the response. We are also exciting with regards to the development next door to us now finally opening - The Marc on Rivonia, this will be a great added facility for the hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I used to work at this hotel and it has improved a great deal. Staff are friendly and service was great. The rooms are in good condition as well as the restaurant. There was a great selection of food items for breakfast. Guys keep it up Sharon keep it up peace!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Dudu Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Good day Zola M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review, it is always such a pleasure hearing such positive feedback especially from former colleagues.

We hope to welcome you back in the not to too distant future

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was my second trip to South Africa and the Johannesburg/ Sandton Area. Work had brought me to South Africa the first time and I chose the Holiday Inn at random, but looking back, I would not have wanted to stay at any other hotel. I was overjoyed when I had the possibility to stay there again.

I would go back to the Holiday Inn Sandton for the people and the food. The fresh papaya and passion fruit for breakfast are out of this world, and the staff, both in the hotel and the restaurant, felt like family. The proximity to the Mandela Square shopping center is perfect for tourists and the hourly shuttle from the hotel is very convenient. The Gautrain station being only a few walking minutes away made working on projects in Johannesburg and Pretoria fairly easy. The wifi was very reliable and so was the front desk staff in terms of recommendations for tours and safaris.

On the first night I highly recommend trying the ostrich carpaccio (please see the picture) along with an ice cold Castle Lager. However, the rest of the menu is worth trying at least once.

A big thank you to the entire staff: Nikola, Precious, Bafana and Thandi at the front desk, Lyford and Victor in the restaurant among all the others!

I look forward to my next trip to South Africa and my stay in Sandton!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Dudu Z, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Good day Eric T,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed on to the team and those mentioned.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future