“Fine Dining”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy some of the best steaks in Johannesburg, peruse the extensive wine list or sip a signature cocktail in the centre of the city’s financial district.
Reviewed 15 October 2018

This popular restaurant deserves its reputation as one of Johannesburg's top restaurants. Famous for its steaks, it also has an eclectic mix of seafoods and poultry dishes to choose from. The prices are high, but so is the quality of the food and the service. A group of friends and I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours here a few weeks ago, and were blown away by the food and attention to detail. The steaks are cooked to perfection. I had the Brazilian steak which consisted of several small marinated pieces, individually cooked and very tasty. A great culinary experience, made all the easier if foreign currency or an expense account is picking up the tab.

Date of visit: October 2018
Jörg Z, General Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear 'john_mehliss'

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you and your group enjoyed the evening with us We always strive to give our customers the best possible service and food. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I had some time to spare and hadn't eaten lunch, so I decided to have a small steak. It was just ok. Nothing great. It came on a massive plate , with a small fryer of chips.. when I added the chips to the plate, it looked ridiculous. The menu is extensive, I wouldn't eat a steak here again, but service was good, so I might be back. No craft beers. Not even jack black ,?

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear 'Curiosity613375'

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your meal with us. I have forwarded your review to our chef. I hope that you will consider us in the near future. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Newly refurbished with very modern / clean interior. Great patio for drinks and the food is solid. The Bull run is very convenient if staying at the Hilton and is attached to the Protea. Food choice is great, from steaks to mushroom gnocchi (very good). I visit every time I'm in Sandton.

Date of visit: September 2018
Jörg Z, General Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear 'stoneinboulder'

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us and that you visit us regularly. Thank you for the support. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Great service, great beef, burgers to fillets, plus venison, ostrich, snails etc. for the more adventurous.
Good wine selection, and fine casual atmosphere.

Dear 'jeffreyemerson'

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Bull Run. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Cannot recommend this restaurant enough. The steaks were absolutely perfectly cooked with minimal fat (enough to give flavour in cooking but no wastage) and served with a choice of veg and ‘starch’. Mushroom sauce was a perfect condiment. The staff were incredibly friendly, attentive and could t do more for you. Absolutely excellent

Date of visit: September 2018
Jörg Z, General Manager at The Bull Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear 'Shaun J'

Thank you for the great review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Bull Run. Looking forward to your next visit.