“Best food in Melrose Arch”
Review of Ghazal's

Ghazal's
Ranked #92 of 487 Restaurants in Sandton
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I ate here twice over the course of 4 days. Once with a group for dinner. Once on my own for a quick late lunch. Tasty tikka masala and kormas. Great apps. Great breads. Classy place with great service all at a reasonable price. If I was still in Joburg, I’d probably be heading back for more.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Plesently surprised after a recommendation from a friend. Ghazal curries are exceptionally tasty. We had a few curries that we shared but for me their Aloo Gobi Matar stands out, they have the best naan breads too. I am tempted to say it was probably my best culinary experience ever. Service was tops, attentive and always fast. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank jaynaidoosa
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Ghazal’s with friends while we were staying across the street.
Only 100m from the African Pride Hotel, it’s an easy option for someone wanting a different cuisine to the hotel.

The variety of dishes is decent and the usual suspects are on the menu; pakora, samosa, tikka masala, palak paneer....so an evening with friends is sure to give everyone a taste of something they like.

It did strike me as odd that I was offered a range of spice for my main course; which I suspect was achieved simply by adding more or less chilli flakes to my meal, so I would maybe suggest that if you are not sure of your level of heat in a curry, that you ask for Low but have the chilli flakes on the side and add for taste.

Each dish was served with rice, so decide in advance how many naan or breads you’d like otherwise it could become a massive carb-fest. The rice was a touch solid and not fluffy, so I preferred the naan to eat with my curry.

As I mention the atmosphere in the title I’ll say that it was a Monday and it is winter, so maybe was quieter that usual, but there were only a few folks in and while the fire was welcome (it’s June!) the atmosphere could have been more lively I Guess....the evening was made by my friends’ chat rather than the experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My wife and I enjoyed our dinner here immensely. We had standard Indian dishes including onion baji (but would have preferred battered onions rather than fritters), vegetable biryani, chicken tikka masala and sag aloo, but all were delicious and really hit the spot. We asked for the dishes spicy but by most American and certainly UK standards they would be considered medium spicy. If this restaurant were close to us house we would be regular customers.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Great food, professional and Bubbly Waiters. Also flexible on special requests. Chicken risne Kebab is a great option