Lowest prices for your stay
US$57
Free cancellation until 21/07/03
TravelocityUS$57
Orbitz.comUS$57
Trip.comUS$68
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

There are many folk tales of the average South African but you feel safest in places like hotels. Town Lodge Roodeport is one of those places where you absolutely feel safer and this is basically due to the serene environment of the hotel's surroundings and more importantly its people.

A relatively small space, the hotel boasts of a proportionally small swimming pool, an average kitchen, a good bar (SA has got good wines anyway), a fantastic view of an artificial lake from the bar and great staff members.

Service is more dormitory styled with stuff like ironing boards rostered on a first come first serve basis, a non-porter styled check-in process, small rooms but very comfortable beds with proportionally small showers (no tubs), small television sets (21 inches or thereabout). The only difference between this hotel and my secondary school dormitory experience every term will be the pleasant staff members you'll encounter during your stay from Rose the manager, to Grace, Bongani, Lebo and Mpumi at the front desk, to Goodness who conducts room service; the people at this hotel are the soothing balm to any grievances with this hotel.

I hope you enjoy your stay with these guys. And my advice helps with your expectation. Mi casa isn't your casa. Hehe. :)

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Atiren
Public Relations Manager, Agency / Consultant at Town Lodge Roodepoort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2019

I will never stay here again. The phones don't work in room due to maintenance, I understand that. But when I tried to call reception I'm told I need to come downstairs to place an order for food with one of the external restaurants. Why couldn't the receptionist take my order and place it for me? That would be the polite thing to do given that guests are inconvenienced with the phones not working. Secondly, the order took over 2 hours to arrive, again I was told to go downstairs to collect it - except when I got there, the delivery guy was not there! I found him upstairs delivering for others! This reflects very poorly on the CLHG and I'll never recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Roodepoort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry that you experienced excessive delays in your meal order and delivery, as well as the added inconvenience of having to collect it from reception. Our general manager, Roslyn Khumalo, has investigated what had happened and discussed the problem with our service provider. In addition, our team have also been briefed to assist guests with placing meal orders, especially when our telephone system is down. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and resulting frustration, as this is not the standard of service excellence to which we pride ourselves. We will do better and hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 December 2018

Security guy in full control of the premises. Save parking and low noise from the main road. Friendly helpful staff meet you at reception.All this let you relax and book in with no hassles. Take note that the Bar only open around 4 in the afternoon. Rooms are comfortable and basic, but not fancy. For the price reasonable. For a quick in and out of famous busy Joburg it`s 100%. Shops and entertainment close buy. Only thing that was a bit negative for me was the expensive breakfast. but in general OK!

Date of stay: November 2018
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Roodepoort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a constructive and helpful review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

One feels welcome the moment one arrives at the gate. The friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff was exceptional. The room was very clean, the hotel quiet at night and there is Wi-Fi. Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Roodepoort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive such a great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days staff was super friendly room was clean and good value for your money, never tried the breakfast but what I seen looked OK, if ever came back to Johannesburg would come back here and stay like to thank everyone

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Roodepoort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018