“Fun evening with the family”

Silverstar Casino, Krugersdorp
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Roodepoort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 11 October 2017

While we are not big on gambling, there is plenty to do at Silver Star Casino with your family. There are an array of restaurants, great entertainment for the kids and awesome bars to have some fun. Definitely recommend this for a fun evening with your family.

1  Thank Kirsten L

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We went to visits friends in Roodepoort and they wanted to treat us Capetonians to supper.
So off we went following their car to Krugersdorp.
Got to the Silverstar Casino and parked, still not knowing where we were going.
Then we arrived at this very busy restaurant, luckily they had reserved a table for seven adults (and two little boys).
We went along to buffet and now where to start?. The boys wanted pizza and the men wanted food. There was a sushi bar and a salad bar.
It was quite nice, I thoroughly enjoyed the lamb riblets, some chicken curry, another bit of stew and I even ate samp (first time in my life) because I did not see the rice further down the line. The meat appeared to be finished.
Whilst I was still getting my breath back and pacing myself my friend asked are you ready for dessert - of course always.
When we got to the dessert buffet she saw that more meat (roast pork and ribs) had arrived. I had some pork ribs (this time) and three (I think) bean salad.
The boys bothered their parents to take them out to the water features.
The dessert, I had custard and brownies and some other was okay.
For once I was so full that dessert or the leftovers didn't bother me.
Everyone was so friendly, maybe they could see we were not regulars
It was nice of my friends to make our last evening a memorable one.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The location is very good. The casino is well maintained although more slot machines are needed as we had to wait for machines. The food court is well situated and is very well organized. We watch the rugby game whilst having dinner and had a lovely time. There are enough to do for young and old and we as family will be back.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

A casino is a casino is a casino...
The outdoor food court is a nice touch - especially in the warmer time of year, with a playful water fountain in the center which keeps the kids entertained.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We had a lovely evening, had dinner, enjoyed the fountains, gambled at the slots for a little while and watched a movie, all in the same location.

Enough variety to keep everybody entertained.