Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
rcandl896371

An Oasis of peace and serenity

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2023
This was our third visit to this gem and we would certainly go back again. It is peaceful and well run, nothing is too much trouble, we are treated like members of the family, especially by our host, Grayham. There is a friendly, welcoming ambience and we love the decor. Our favourite room is number 2, looking out over the garden with the sound of the little waterfall and the birds chattering. Perfectly located for our needs too. You should definitely visit here, you won't want to leave
Date of stay: August 2023
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
    R 1 332
0.4 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
Passage to rooms
R 3 750
Fully refundable
    R 3 420
    R 3 182
    R 3 420
0.6 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
2 Bedroom Apartment Main Bedroom
  • Tripadvisor
    R 1 406
0.7 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
R 1 150
    R 920
    R 1 150
1.1 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
R 846
    R 846
  • Vio.com
    R 734
    R 769
0.5 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
Fully refundable
    R 588
    R 650
8.6 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
  • Vio.com
0.3 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
getlstd_property_photo
Go to your Happy Price
    R 675
    R 547
    R 675
0.7 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
Queen deluxe suite
R 1 301
R 1 050
    R 1 096
    R 1 050
  • ZenHotels.com
1.3 km from The Oasis Boutique Hotel & Residency.
View more hotels in Rivonia
All reviews wonderful hosts home away from home lovely garden anita business comfort joburg braai relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2023

So peaceful. Gray the owner was very accommodating, entertained me and my family the whole weekend!! i am definitely going there again. Noticed the WiFi was a bit slow due to lightning but it was fixed shortly after our arrival. Thank you Gray and all you lovely ladies helping there. you made me feel right at home. We will call shortly for another booking!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2023

Lovely oasis enjoyed the bird watching, we needed some time out and we really had some peace over Easter holidays enjoyed the patio braai, the blue pool night swimming, drinks by the bar n lovely garden sun tan

Room tip: Keep up the good work n cleanliness
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2023

Beautiful location, awesome service, top notch cleaning service, everyone's lovely! I would recommend staying there to anyone looking for a peaceful place to relax or get some work done uninterrupted.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2023

We booked at the Oasis Residential Hotel for 10 nights and made cash deposit before arrival.
Before making the booking, I enquired as to whether the hotel had 24hr uninterrupted wifi even during load shedding as myself and my Husband were working remotely, and were assured that there is definitely 24 hr back up power and wifi and power would NOT be interrupted.
First day of arrival, my Husband tried to send an email which took him 45 minutes as the wifi had a speed of 2mb. He kept trying for 2 hours with no luck. We then went to reception to ask where we were met by an inexperienced child unable to deal with the hospitality industry - had no clue what to say to us. We then asked him to contact the owner who never got back to us.
Next morning we went to the dining room to have breakfast , the staff didnt have a clue that we needed breakfast even though I had prepaid for breakfast for every day of the stay. We then had to wait another hour for the breakfast. We then saw the owner, Grayam and explained the situation and he assured us that it would all work and asked us to give him a chance. He the gave us another room close to reception and advised that we would get better signal there. We were grateful that he tried to assist.

We then had no hot water in this room and then had to run between rooms to either have very mediocre wifi signal or to be able to use the bathroom and shower. We tried to make it work even though very inconvenient when you are trying to work and be professional.

The wifi issue continued and we had to buy a dongle and data and use this as the hotel wifi was just up and down all the time, making it impossible to attend online meetings etc. We spoke to Grayam and explained that although his hotel is nice, we simply cannot work like this and asked if we could get a portion of our money back and even paid an extra night extra to him even though we didnt stay there. He told us to meet him at reception before 9 to come to a friendly agreement.
We went to reception at 08:30am only to be told by the school child receptionist that Grayam had left already and gave me an invoice stating that of the R10 000, he would give me R 2000 back! when we only stayed 3 nights.
I then tried to call him several times and he blocked my number! I mean what kind of business owner behaves like this?!

I kept the keys for the room asking for my refund and he has just ghosted us. I then got a message from some random number saying its the hotel legal representation asking me for the back to which I responded that I would return them as soon as I received my balance back. The "legal representative" wrote in lingo such as " 2moro" and "gud nite" leading me to believe that this was one of his children or friends!

I am struggling to understand how a business that seems to have decent reviews is so hard up for 5k that he cannot refund his honest hard working customers their money back after us being very patient and ensuring before we booked that we would have certain services which were not provided to us which in fact is a breach of contract.

I don't usually post bad reviews but in this case, if the owner doesn't want to be fair, then here it goes

He is a thief. and his hotel is very pretty but dirty

We had a cockroach in the room which I didn't even complain about, a coffee urn that hadn't been cleaned in the 3 days that we were there, toilets that don't flush properly, cold showers, young staff that have no clue how to interact with guests, wifi and plugs that don't work when there is loadshedding (a hotel should have these facilities especially when this was a prerequisite of the booking and was promised in writing) and dealing with an owner that runs away and blocks you when you would like to chat to him?

I am very disappointed as should we have come back to JHB for a holiday we would have definitely returned to his hotel despite the dirt etc. but for work it just wasn't viable and instead of keeping a portion of the money for the 3 nights we stayed and the 3 breakfasts I paid for (we only ate there once) as well as the extra night 1 agreed to pay fr even though we didn't stay there and refunding us for the nights we didn't stay, he steals our money and disappears.
Very unprofessional so sad that he behaves like this for 5k.

Pics attached
have videos of non functional toilets etc

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KayGee2020
Reviewed 24 February 2023

Visiting friends and Oasis is like coming home. Received our usual welcome from Grayham, and settled into our usual bedroom, room 2. Gardens and pool as well kept and beautiful as ever. A true ‘Oasis’.

Date of stay: February 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel