All reviewsguest househonesty barattention to detailfeel at homesteam irontoasted sandwichplace to staybusiness triplittle extraslush gardensjo burgmake your ownwide choiceloved this hotelevery aspectcomfortable roomswonderful hosts
Reviewed 19 October 2017

The name Oasis is perfect for this lovely, luxurious hotel it is the perfect little tranquil place to relax and unwind while in Johannesburg.
The hotel is beautifully furnished and there is able space to relax around the property either in the room, on your own balcony, in the beautifully maintained garden areas or in the lounge areas. We spent allot of time relaxing in the gardens watching the weaver birds and enjoying the sunshine.
The rooms are spotless and extremely comfortable and great to come back to after a long day exploring!
The honesty bar was great and well stocked and the free toasted sandwich station was a handy addition. The breakfast was beautiful and we were provided on two occasions with a take away breakfast pack which was so helpful and also delicious. The two dinners we had at the hotel were absolutely beautiful and delicious.
The owners are friendly and go out of their way to make the hotel and your stay wonderful along with the staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I return to Johannesburg in the future. Thank you to the Hotel owners and staff!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natalie J
Anita B, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you Natalie. We appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review. The staff will be delighted to hear how you appreciated their housekeeping skills and friendliness and our cook will be over the moon with your "beautiful and delicious" comment! We look forward to your return! Kind regards, Anita

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I recommend this hotel to anyone, the rooms are very clean, the location is very good, and you can walk during the day. The family (owners) received anyone with respect and they treats you like you are member of the family.

Room Tip: the hotel its very quite
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Casimiro M
Bianca B, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Casimiro

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to see that you throughly enjoyed your stay. You are an outstanding ambassador to your company. Looking forward to welcoming you 'home' in the future.

Kind Regards
Bianca

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My original motivation for choosing Oasis (in a sea of choices) was location and value for money. Turned out I was spot on on location - close to Sandton CBD and expressway for further afield appointments. My value for expectation money was way off - it was way better than I had thought possible. Owners close involvement gives a soft touch of excellence and quality in just about anything you can think of. Keep it up guys so I can enjoy many happy returns!!!

Room Tip: Upstairs is best
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank louwb15
Anita B, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Louw - we were delighted that you chose to come back to The Oasis and even more delighted that you took the time to write this review - thank you for these positive comments. Looking forward to your return, Anita and The Oasis Team

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I have stayed at the Oasis on various occasions and it really is a hidden gem that I am so grateful to have come across. When you step inside you feel like you have "come home" and into a real life story book. Every single detail has been considered with such care that you want for nothing, they have literally catered for every possible need. The warmth and beauty of the home and gardens deserves its name "Oasis". The family and their willingness to always go the extra mile to do everything to assist and accommodate you is incredible. The rooms are luxurious and welcoming as is the entire house and I would highly recommend the Oasis to all you wont regret it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ChereenaM2
Anita B, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Chereena

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed description - we appreciate the thought and effort you have put into these kind words. We have enjoyed hosting you every single visit and have grown particularly fond of you!
As always, we look forward to the next.
Fond regards,
Anita and The Oasis Team

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I cannot rave about this gem more. Picking a hotel in Johannesburg can be overwhelming due to the spread, but the family who runs this place makes you feel right at home! It feels like you are staying at your favorite Aunt’s Estate. It decor has a lot of personality and charm, and the family is incredibly hospitable from the complimentary brandy in your room, honor system for drinks at the bar, various pillows of different consistency to choose from the pantry, to the great spreads of food at meal time or complimentary snacks to treat yourself between meals. We had just arrived from LA that day and didn’t feel like going out for food and the home cooked dinner was incredible! I would stay here again and again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Anita B, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Lara and Trish

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review! I am delighted we were able to kick off your African adventure on such a high note. I hope you both have an amazing time exploring our beautiful country. You will always be welcome back to your African Aunt's Estate.