Lowest prices for your stay
US$86
US$85
Booking.comUS$86
Hotels.comUS$86
PricelineUS$86
All reviews menlyn mall adult milkshakes free shuttle checking out protea conference security motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

The hotel was super loud and the reception staff were sluggish and not really as on top of it as hotel staff usually are. Lady at reception had her mask under her nose - defeats the purpose. As I was checking out the printer wasn't working and couldn't get my tax invoice, to top it if the person with the remote for the door could see I was getting out but was so absent-minded that the door started closing in on my bag and arm before they could open the door for me. Room was tiny and cold, only saving grace was the restaurant staff who brought food to my room - great food, great service.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jacqueline Basson, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Dear KhristinaMo,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to reach out to you and would appreciate it, if you could forward me your contact details on the below email address.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Bosele Mogamisi
Deputy General Manager
bosele.mogamisi@proteahotels.com

Reviewed 24 March 2020

The hotel looks nice but the executive suite is so poorly designed.
From a tiny closet that can hotel 6-8 hangers, to a ridiculous bath/shower combo that insures that water makes a mess everywhere (don't put toiletries on vanity!) to dark out drapes that can only be accessed by standing on the sofa.
All staff, other than the front desk manager were warm and friendly, but that doesn't help when they serve lukewarm coffee in the morning or warm bottles of white wine in the afternoon. We cut short our stay after 2 days and spent an additional 12 days elsewhere.
Beginning early in the evening a disk jockey blasted music so loudly in the bar area, that it made it very difficult to remain nearby.

Room tip: I can't imagine that there are any good rooms. I stayed in their high end suite and I had to use the sofa for my closet!
Date of stay: March 2020
Jacqueline B, Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2020

Dear Morton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Zuannette Viljoen and I am the Duty Manager at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Pretoria Menlyn.

It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 012 471 8600.

I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Pretoria Menlyn.

Zuannette Viljoen
Duty Manager
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Menlyn
zuanette.viljoen@proteahotels.com

Reviewed 6 March 2020

The hotel was immaculate and modern, and staff were attentive, genuine, and helpful. I had my iPhone stolen during the conference I was teaching and the staff were all incredibly helpful and compassionate through that ordeal. Special shout out to Johannes in security and Bosele Mogamisi, the Deputy General Manager, who graciously let me use her personal office and phone to deal with the fall out of that unfortunate event, and checked in with me daily to ensure I was getting everything sorted with the least amount of hassle possible.

Room tip: If you need total quiet, ask to be placed on the opposite side of the hotel from the outside bar, which is hopping Wed-Sat.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AnleB2, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Dear V9111YLkristinr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most valuable feedback with us.
We are passionate in ensuring that our GUESTS feel valued and cared for and most certainly doing everything we can to minimise your inconvenience at all times.
It was a true pleasure to be of your service and we are over the moon to hear that our TEAM managed to turn your moment of misery into a moment of magic.
We hope to welcome you back whenever your travel needs bring you back to Menlyn.

Reviewed 27 February 2020

Minimalistic is on another level at this hotel. Makeshift cupboards, tiny rooms, barely there bathroom privacy, shower designed without much thought, overpriced breakfast,booking inconsistencies resulting in constant battle with unhelpful staff. Really bad experience altogether.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank OrdinaryConsumer
AnleB2, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear OrdinaryConsumer,

Thank you so much for taking some of your valuable time to share your feedback with us.
We are passionate and serious about delivering on exceptional GUEST service experiences.
We are saddened to hear that during your stay we did not quite hit our goal in meeting your expectations.
As a teachable moment, I would love to discuss your concerns with you directly as this will give us the opportunity to address possible areas of improvement and ultimately ensure that we keep up with our GUESTS' needs.

Whenever you have a moment, please feel free to contact me via my below contact details.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Anlé Britz
anle.britz@proteahotels.com
012 471 8624

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

This hotel from the start is an experience. Every body is friendly and passionate about their work. This is evident from the security, check, housekeeping and the restaurants.

The hotel has vibrant and playful interior with various relaxing spaces.

Breakfast is great with small surprises which makes the breakfast almost like a journey.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank landseerc
AnleB2, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2020

Dear landseerc,

As we read your feedback, we all have goosebumps.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always wonderful to hear positive feedback from our GUESTS and I can assure you that your feedback is making its rounds being shared with the rest of the TEAM.
We hope that this is but one visit of many more to come!