“Okay food and that‘s it”
Review of Seoul Garden

Seoul Garden
Ranked #293 of 778 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been there the other day and we were very disappointed to spend our money there. I think in comparison to the other reviews it must have gotten much worse. The problem was not the taste of the food, the taste was actually acceptable. But there were so many other problems. The waiter was not unfriendly but very inattentive. One of our dishes was ready and in the guest room but it stood there nearly 15 minutes until they served it. It stood right next to the glasses where other guests took some of them so I don’t think this is a good hygienic standard. The pork belly was served frozen. It’s okay to freeze the meat so it is easier to cut it or to keep it fresh but you should thaw it before serving it. The prices in comparison to other restaurants and regarding what you get there were quite ridiculous.
Next bad thing was the ambiance. It was not very clean, it needs to be renovated and it was really annoying that there was a TV on the wall which was on with a really high volume. I thought it was a restaurant and not a cinema. The kids (must have been the owner’s kids?) where running around, playing with a ball in the guest room, watching tv right next to our table, closed and opened the door for fun. I don’t mind kids having fun in the garden right outside the restaurant (actually it was nice to see them having fun outside) but not in a restaurant between the guests where people try to eat and relax. One of the guest’s kids turned the freezer on and off the whole time and none of the waiters said anything. All in all, we unfortunately have to say we’ve been to Korean restaurants many times in different countries and we liked that one the least.

1  Thank Divingplatypus

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We had an omelet rice and a rice dish called Albap which is flying fish roe over rice. They were delicious

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Authentic and frindly, it was amazing
food was piping hot, and accommodated us with vegetarian friends too

1  Thank Inertia R
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

You are leaving South Africa and enter Korea when visiting this wonderful place. Secure parking, very quiet and the best squid I had for ages! My very favorite place to eat in Pretoria! Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My husband and I have been to this family-run restaurant several times. Our favourite is the Korean bbq. Very, very, tasty!

They also have a Korean supermarket in the property and they sell home-made kimchi.

1  Thank LanaWood