Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$54
View deal
Hotels.comUS$54
Booking.comUS$54
PricelineUS$54
eDreamsUS$54
TravelocityUS$54
CheapTicketsUS$54
All reviews home away from home guest house went the extra mile renee hosts guesthouse sa
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed there with my partner as he had ceremonies to attend at the University. Always came back to a clean room and breakfast at only R50 extra each morning was a bargain and definitley money's worth! We both loved the extra little things that were added which just made it even better. We will definitely be staying there every time we travel back to that part of Pretoria.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2014

Bay tree is a place where you wont even think you are in a guest house. the place is so well organised and the breakfast is the way you like it. Renee and her family are the one you will always miss due to the freandly atmosphere that make you feel more and more at home. the place is ideally located in a diplomatic suburb and the Brooklyn mall just a walk away. i recomend this place to any one. beleave you me you will keep going back, God bless you Renee and thanks for being so nice and welcoming.

Room tip: The first room with the window facing the second gate. spacious room very nice bath room Very strong wifi signals beautifull view of the garden and my favourite car that always parked behind. heated floor Very secure place
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Bay Tree has become my favoured lodging in Pretoria, stretching back to my first visit in 2009. The safe and convenient location initially made this a compelling venue. However the friendly relaxed hospitality, personal touch, spacious and comfortable rooms and homely breakfasts, Renee and Fred have made this a home away from home for me and a 'must' on every visit to Pretoria. This year I have had the pleasure of eight two night stopovers at Bay Tree Lodge. In the midst of a busy schedule Bay Tree is one place I can relax and know things are well taken care of.
Ian R

Room tip: All rooms I have stayed in are double, en-suite and self catering, with A/C and TV, but the bath/shower configuration differs from room to room as does the table or desk arrangement for studying or working so it helps to ask explicitly if you have preferences in these areas.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This guest house looks a little sketchy and weird if you have never stayed at a guest house. The first few days I felt a little uncomfortable but the safety was great. Renee helped us a lot and the breakfast was awesome. Its a very safe place to stay. I would strongly recommend you to stay here and have a great experiance just like we did. Amazing place... You cannot find anything better than this in Pretoria. Its just awesome.

Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are looking for a home away from home do not look to far as you found it, Baytree Guesthouse will be your home the minute you arrive until you depart. Your host Rene and Fred will be be there to assist with any need nothing is to big or to small for them to assist. The rooms are very comfortable with the option to have self catering for longer stays. Baytree is also located very central, for example walking distance from the Brooklyn Mall or the famous Austin Roberts Bird Sanctuary. And it is en route to the Gautrain Bus Route. Not only is it central but also safe and secure. There is onsite parking facilities and the guesthouse are also child friendly.

Room tip: Room 7 or 3 in lovely.
Date of stay: March 2014