“Reflections”

Fort KlapperKop Military Museum
Ranked #25 of 95 things to do in Pretoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Fort overlooking Pretoria, designed to defend against riots and raids on the city, but it is said, “never a shot was fired in anger from this fort.”
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visiting this side made me reflect on our troublesome past.It and needs a firm hand to do justice.a visit is recommended.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

As we asked a friend for a good location to make good panorama pictures of Jacaranda Blooming in Pretoria he recommended us to drive up to Fort Klapperkop. So we did and did not regret it. You get a nice Panoramic view over the city. The fort itself is also worth visiting. Everything is wel kept and maintained. Nice place to have pick-nick too.

1  Thank on4ajt
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I found the fort a little underwhelming. Fantastic view over Pretoria was a bonus but the Fort and museum itself was only average. If you have time and are interested in Boar War history go.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Just a warning to visitors, that, unlike the good old days, one has to pay to drive into Fort Klapperkop these days. Tried to drive in to show some out of towners and there is a boom and one does pay. R25 per adult, R12 per pensioner and less for kids. If you decide not to drive in, no turning circle so quite a battle to turn around. I did not see the Museum so cannot comment, but, I remember it being very informative.