“Good food but service has room for improvement”
Review of Mythos

Mythos
Ranked #196 of 807 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2016

We had dinner on a busy Friday night at Mythos.

The menu is full of Greek specialties and the wine list is also good.
We had grilled calamari (excellent) and some pita bread with different dips.
The beef Souvlaki was soft and tender - the Bifteki was lacking the feta cheese (at least that's how I know it from previous holidays in Greece).

The atmosphere is nice and relaxed but service could be improved. Although we prefer having a short break between starters and mains, sitting in front of empty plates is not great. The waiter also did not notice that our glasses were empty so we topped up the wine ourselves.

All in all a nice family restaurant with great authentic Greek food.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Went there with my wife and got a sour welcome at the door after about 30 seconds waiting. A waiter walked right past us to welcome guests behind us. Already disappointed, we were then sat down by a rude lady who took our drinks and food orders. Surprisingly she was quick with the drinks, but we sat a good 50 minutes waiting for the food. I got annoyed and went straight to her to ask what's happening, & she gave a rather sloppy apology saying our food will be ready in a minute. 5 more minutes later she comes to the table saying the food will be ready in 5 minutes. Of course at that time I'd already blown a fuse and told her to bring my bill for the drinks. She left to get her manager, the manager unprofessionally came to tell me that the food was only ordered 20 minutes ago so I'm effectively dishonezt about my long wait. I told her the waiter is a rude liar, paid my drinks bill and left never to set foot there again.

1  Thank FloydC114
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Popped in on my wife's birthday and what a treat it turned out to be!! Despite the fact that the restaurant was fairly full, service was excellent. Exceptional meal and great wine selection. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

A really nice Greek restaurant at Irene Village Mall. Easily accessible either from Irene to the west or from the R21 freeway to the east.
Suggest you each select one item from their MEZE menu, and you then share it so that everyone in your party tries a bit of everything. Don't be surprised if you decide to do this again for your main course.
Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We were in the area and decided to luncheon at Mythos with a variety of meze dishes. Well to our horror, our assortment of dishes were placed onto a single metal platter plate which made the food cold quickly. The food appeared to be dried out and the the portions were smaller than what we have been accustomed to. The 2 lamb chops were 2 different cuts of meat and the one you could barely cut the meat off as there was more bone than meat. The overall experience today was a sign of the times. Mythos management said there has been no change in management and the waiter was supposed to ask if we wanted our meze on a platter plate. Well Management, where were you when we sent our food back to be plated separately? You were not paying attention to your customers and have lost interest in what your customers have come to expect. We will be contacting head office about the chop as we took a photo as evidence because this is unacceptable to serve in a restaurant.
I'm sorry to say, we will not be back for some time if at all.