Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/09/22
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$114
eDreamsUS$114
Trip.comUS$124
All reviews dairy farm lake view bird life country lodge buffet style conference venue excellent service rooms are beautiful spa calves centurion dam johannesburg tranquil relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021

We stayed at Irene Country Lodge for only one night during a road trip up North, and it was well worth it.

The rooms are huge, with a nice outside patio, bed was comfortable, and they even provided foam pillows on request. We also ordered room service, which was efficient, with good food and the wine selection was not bad either.

One minor issue is that I wanted a spa massage on the evening of our arrival, but even though the online booking system showed availability, the Spa told me there was none when I called.

We will definitely stay there again, as it feels like you're not even in Joburg!

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 29 March 2021

Beautiful conference venue with great food.

Professional staff and secured access are some of the perks of this venue.
Conference room spacious and clean, restaurant is great but unfortunately you can only dine there if you stay at the lodge or visit the conferencing facilities.

I would strongly suggest that the lodge open the restaurant for public as it would be a great fine dine restaurant which is really needed in the vicinity of Irene.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RudiDu
Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

This hotel is located on a very beautiful property with a lake. It does have some fine views but unfortunately there were a few things quite frustrating staying here. Firstly, the cleaning staff were shouting and making lots of noise at 8am around my room while I was still trying to sleep. When I wanted to order room service they didn’t pick up the phone for 20 minutes and I ended up not ordering any food that night. A few sockets were not working in my room which is very frustrating. Later, they did however come and test my phone, and brought me a complimentary carrot cake. I also think their menu is way too overpriced.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank IngeH600
Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

We took a last minute break from the City and went to the African Pride Irene Country Lodge- 35 min from JHB. Booked 2 rooms - Forest view, large , spacious rooms and bathrooms- felt like we were in a tree house. The hotel was not full but the staff went out of their way to make sure that everything was up to standard whilst constantly adhering to all Covid protocols.

The diary farm across the road is an added bonus easily accessible, a lovely Resturant and deli shop. Very child friendly too.
The hotel has kids activities, a beautiful lake to walk around and lush green gardens.

All in all a fantastic weekend. A big thank you to Thuli and the staff for excellent service and making it special.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

We have stayed several times in this Hotel and have always had a good experience.
However this time it was better, the hotel has made some upgrades to the lounge area and the lake and garden was immaculate.
We were surprised to see we could enter the adjacent dairy farm which was a treat for my son.
My wife used the Spa and was excellent although a bit pricey.
Food Secice was top quality even with the covid restrictions, we always felt safe and the staff were really attentive.
We anted to return on our end part of the trip in December but sadly they were full.
This hotel remains a gem!

Date of stay: November 2020