Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adhina
South Africa

Good night away from home

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Apr 2024via mobile
We stayed here due to us having a prolonged power outage. Was pleasantly suprised, hotel was good, service was great and rooms were a good size and clean. Only con was tap in the bathroom basin was terrible, sprayed water every where and could not really wash our hands or face properly. Overall was just glad to have electricity and charge all devices.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Basin taps are just terrible,
Trip type: Travelled with family
    R 840
    R 850
5.5 km from Garden Court Hatfield
View more hotels in Pretoria
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2024

Facilities are beautiful and clean, however the buffet food is such a let down..I had to eat same food, terrible food for 5 days, breakfast is terrible, dinner is terrible....no varieties, you came late ...no food is left...so food was such a let down....advice, don't add buffet on your booking!

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2023

I tried every possible means to avoid this hotel because of my experience back in 2018. Back then the hotel was dated and food awful. The standard was not good at all. I came this time for a 5 x night stay only because I could not find accommodation. To my surprise the hotel has been renovated and the rooms are beautiful. They have done an amazing job. I had a very comfortable stay. I would have given a score of 5 if it were not for the food. I feel the cooking is one let down for this hotel. The quality of meals is of a lower level hotel. Only one night out of five did one actually enjoy food. Basically the facility is up to standard now but quality of cooking remains bad to my opinion. I saw a Muslim lady struggling for meals and there was no sympathy from stuff. I also do not pork even though I am no Muslim. Hotel need to appreciate diversity of customer base. Generally staff are friendly and were very busy at the time of my visit. Lindiwe and Emily were excellent under pressure.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rakesh Rambaran, Revenue Management at Garden Court Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2023

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us feedback about the Garden Court Hatfield. I am so glad that you have enjoyed the new changes made to our property.

Your comments with regards to our food has been noted and communicated to the Chef to look into. It is only through communication from our guests that we are able to continue improving on our quality.

I have also passed on your feedback to both Emily and Lindiwe, who were very motivated by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Rakesh Rambaran
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2023

THE HOSPITALITY, SERVICE AND FRIENDLINESS SHOWN TO TEAM GHANA WAS SUPERB. THE AMBIANCE WAS GREAT AND THE PROFESSIONALISM OF THE STAFF WAS VERY NOTABLE. IT WAS A JOY TO STAY IN THE HOTEL FOR THE DURATION OF THE TOURNAMENT.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rakesh Rambaran, Revenue Management at Garden Court Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2023

Dear Fred,

Your comments and review has really motivated the team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and Team Ghana back in the not too distant future.

Rakesh

Reviewed 9 October 2023 via mobile

It is 19:30 at night when we moved to the dining room there was no food left. A small amount of rice and some veg. No salads left. They said they are still cooking the meat. Our complaints where ignored. This is terrible planning. Surely they know how many people are booked in and must plan accordingly. Very disappointed as we make use of this hotel on a regular basis.
We will have to change hotels now

Room tip: Make use of another hotel the standards have dropped
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Rakesh Rambaran, Revenue Management at Garden Court Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2023

Dear Mr. Cronje,

I trust that you are well?

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us feedback via Trip Advisor, the Southern Sun Contact Centre, and for speaking to our Chef regarding the food not being available at 19:30 last night.

We appreciate your feedback as it is only through communication with our guests that we are able to ensure we are continuously improving our service and quality.

Chef will ensure that the necessary corrective action is taken and that the food prep is always sufficient at all time.

Thank you once again for your patronage.  I look forward to welcoming you back to the Garden Court Hatfield in the not too distant future.

Rakesh Rambaran

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2023

It was a great experience. The hotel is very clean, well maintained. The check in process went smoothly. We enjoyed the stay there. Breakfast was great with a wide variety of options from the buffet.

Staff are friendly and helpful. We did not get the interconnecting rooms we had requested as they were all taken.

Overall a wonderful experience.

Room tip: For families needing interconnecting rooms, double check in advance as these are in high demand.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Rakesh Rambaran, Revenue Management at Garden Court Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2023

Good morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the the Garden Court Hatfield and for the awesome comments.

I will certainly share this with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Rakesh