Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Travel_Christopherr
Nairobi, Kenya

A Calm Retreat

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Mar 2024
I recently spent a weekend at Hoogland Health Hydro. It was the perfect break from hectic life. They have spring water provided directly via taps throughout the entire space. The light hiking is very well guided. I was able to do close to three hours of hiking per day by joining the morning and afternoon walks. In the spa area, I personally appreciated the combination of dry sauna, steam room and cold plunge pool. The food is wholesome and satisfying. It is a very quiet space - no one is on their phone. The staff are awesome and the guests are chill and respectful of each other. I loved the experience and will be back again if I have an opportunity.
Date of stay: March 2024
    R 950
21.1 km from Hoogland Health Hydro
Pool
View more hotels in Pretoria
All reviews cold plunge medical facilities spa treatments retreat relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2024

Our family have been coming to Hoogland for many years, we have watched it grow and develop but one thing is constant the care and attention to your health and wellbeing - constantly updating and improving on the services and information provided.
This last visit was a restful break with my husband and mom but we included a health check as we live in the UK where getting to see a doctor is near impossible and when you do you have no follow up I could go on. Anyway we decided to come for a restful break and take advantage our their health and wellbeing package. So glad we did.
A special note to thank all the people who work, do talks, lessons and demos at Hoogland. Where ever you go you are greeted with smiles, care and fantastic customer service.
The outside cold pool was very welcoming on the very hot days :-D

Thank you Hoogland Team for another fantastic break.

Best wishes and thanks Gina, Gareth and June

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2023

I went to Hoogland over the weekend for some much needed rest and relaxation, and that is exactly what I received. One can expect a very functional building (it is not fancy), with neat and clean rooms. What this is about is not a luxury stay, but a healthy and beneficial retreat. Your days and goals can be as busy or as relaxed as you choose, depending on your package selected. It is run by medical professionals so if you have a health concern you can choose a package to fit your requirements with the assistance and monitoring you need.

I just went to relax and so didn't use the medical facilities, but did attend meditation, pilates, the hikes, a dance class, informative evening talks, and I had spa treatments. I also used the hydo facilities, which is an important aspect consisting of the hydro cycle: exercise, massage (either at the spa or the jet pools / hot tubs), heat (steam or sauna) and cold plunge. The grounds are incredible.

If you don't do the water fast, there is a variety of healthy foods on offer. Each day the spread is diverse and very tasty. Everything is fresh with no salt, sugar or preservatives. This is one of the best parts of the stay.

Highly recommended to anyone who needs a "reset".

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2021

My heart is filled with gratitude for my incredible stay at Hoogland Health Hydro. Thank you to all the friendly staff who go the extra mile to make you feel loved and nurtured in all ways. The food is totally delicious and nutritious, the hydro circuit is a delight for body and being, the breathtaking views from the beautiful nature walks feed the soul. The spa treatments bring great relaxation allowing tension to melt away. The medical facilities and programs transform many health conditions. Heartfelt gratitude to all at Hoogland Health Hydro for your loving service in transforming many lives. 🙏🌈💝🦋

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 28 June 2021

Remarkable that amidst the third wave and people dying all over South Africa - Hoogland has a no-mask-wearing policy! And they call themselves "health providers" 😆. They are lovely otherwise - and some fantastic providers/staff who DO know their stuff but unfortunately mixed with other owners/managers who are clearly anti-science and woefully misinformed.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 2 January 2021

This is my second time staying at Hoogland. It is one of the most amazing places I've visited globally and I have travelled extensively. I initially came for burn out and then later came back just to relax and have a healthy, invigorating break over Christmas and new year. It nurtures the mind, body and soul. The food is excellent and all gut healthy, the talks are fascinating and the massage and hydro pampering. I love that it is a family run centre. The love of the family and the commitment they have to protecting people and the planet's health is uplifting. If you have serious health problems or significant health goals outstanding medical support from both medical and psychological health experts is at your finger tips. I saw many guests transformed. It was inspiring to see. It is a great place to go if you are traveling solo. I've made life long friends here.

Room tip: Not all of the rooms have wifi so guests can switch off.
Date of stay: December 2020