“Don't go there!”

Ranked #62 of 832 Restaurants in Pretoria
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ed's Diner is a retro diner that caters for the hungry! We specialise in BIG burgers and all-round comfort food, so if your in the mood for some ''bigger-is-always-better'' American cuisine or it's your cheat day, come round to Ed's for the best burgers on the planet and beyond!
Reviewed 12 December 2018

Food was absolutely terrible! Service was bad and even the manager was rude to me. There are much better places to go in the same area. Sadly I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Went here with the family. Just had a few soft drinks.
The nicest spot seemed to be out on the upstairs balcony which is connected to the bar so off limits to us with young children.
Nice atmosphere inside for a change from the more common resteraunt chains.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We visited Ed's on Saturday morning at about 10:30. We ordered coffee and burgers with veggies. Staff in the restaurant were seated around the tables in the general areas having breakfast from tupperware and they did not generally seem keen to help us. The restaurant also seemed run-down and a little grubby. When the food arrived, the veggies were cold to the touch and so were the burgers. We sent it back. The veggies arrived back hot but the burgers were still cold. The burger toppings were also not up to standard. Perhaps 10:30 is too early to want to order burgers (I don't understand why, but perhaps?), but our previous experiences at Ed's (albeit a year or so ago) had been much more pleasant, and even impressive. If in the Pretoria area, Google to find many other fine gourmet burger joints and a diner or two.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Very popular 70's style diner restaurant with musical theme in the east of Pretoria. Great selection of gourmet burgers and I love the sliders and chicken wings. Kids lobe the pizza. Great menu. Portions are generous. If you are part of the younger generation who loves cocktails and like networking then this is the place to meet during early evenings.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Obviously nothing like fine dining but it's the finest dining I've had for a long time at an All American style diner. Great fun, great service, great value and - above all - great food.

I was there with friends and we only ate main courses. After a fairly heavy dinner the previous night I only had a 200 g fillet with peppercorn sauce and a side salad. My steak was perfectly cooked and fabulous quality. The taste was superb.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through Pretoria and wanting a diner type experience.

Date of visit: January 2018