All reviews mosaic restaurant chef chantel sculpture museum attention to detail out of this world magnificent sculptures unbelievable experience private balcony the entire hotel course dinner spacious bathroom south africa conservancy mari constantinople suite morocco
Reviewed 18 September 2018

We had the opportunity to do a wine tasting and food pairing at Mosaic Restaurant at the Orient. What a mind blowing experience. Not only is Chantal's food a lovely bombardment of all your senses, but Kobus's cellar is a more than worthy partner. The staff is very knowledgable, friendly and goes out of their way to accommodate you. We stayed over at The Orient and was treated from the moment we set foot inside the oppulent gates. There are a few routes you can walk, but these were not so clearly marked. Luckily the Estate is not so big that you can get lost. Breakfast was another feast for our eyes and senses. This is a definite must-do if you love food and love to be treated.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

The most amazing evening we have ever had!!!
Chantal with her fantastic team really go above and beyond for you. Every little detail is taken into account.
The food and the wine is out of this world!!
A true and complete spoil!
Thank you for a wonderful evening full of amazing tastes.
Breakfast is just as awesome!!!
Must must must!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This place is a true oriental oasis not far from Pretoria. It’s an outstanding place for special occasions and a place to cherish. Somewhere to get away from the madding crowds and just enjoy.

The decor takes you straight to The orient and plunges you into life during the Raj. The rooms are fun. The whole atmosphere so relaxing. The food, of course, is out of this world. The service top class. The little details make all the difference. Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

A five star hotel which has such attention to detail in all decor throughout this beautiful establishment. The owners have obviously hand picked the interiors through their travels from Morocco to India. Well appointed suites in a 'Moroccan palace'.
The staff are sincere, friendly, well-trained, professional and efficient.
Special hotel features the Tienie Pritchard gallery, displaying magnificent sculptures.
There is also a 20+ seater cinema which you can book to watch classic movies!
A very romantic getaway that is a perfect location to ignite flames of passion.

Room tip: Katmandu has its own private dining area off the room. Rooms do not have TV. It is a romantic disconnect.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

If there was 6stars to give, I would have. This was one on the most memorable experiences I’ve had in my life. I’m not often found for loss of words, but this place has left me speechless. From the moment you enter the gates they made me feel like I was their only responsibility. The food is every foodies dream. My God! I thought I died and went to heaven. Wow wow wow! Accommodation was top class. Thank you for making us feel like a King and Queen for one night. Definitely a bucket list adventure to tick of your list. A real must.

Date of stay: April 2018