Lowest prices for your stay
US$90
Hotels.com
US$90
US$85
PricelineUS$90
eDreamsUS$85
TravelocityUS$90
All reviews singing waiters wonderful evening venue wedding conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

I really loved staying here, it was supposed to be a couples stay but my daughter was still young and they accommodate her without any hesitation. They took the time to make a heart shaped out of rose petals on the bed leading to the bath tub. Champagne and a 3 course meal which was amazingly delicious.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2020

Just not worth the money. Disappointing all over.
Gave them another go but can see staff is just not motivated.
Decor and style just old fashion and dated. Owner not very nice at all, no wonder the staff is not motivated!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mwvanzyl
Reviewed 3 August 2020

We attended the Ruhan Du Toit CD launch at the weekend and it was just awesome. One of the most organized events I went to. The food was amazing, the sound was absolutely great and we will definitely go there again

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 20 April 2020 via mobile

It's a nice and quiet place for reservations n they also got nice place to dine n their lavish tasty n tangy delicious food they also have a bar for adult beverage n place for hire . Conference rooms n birthday parties n weddings

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2020

It is with great disappointment that I have to write this review, especially in view of the fact that only 7 months ago, I wrote a review about the same venue that was in stark contrast with this one.
My husband and I had such a spectacular evening during our first visit in May 2019. With this in mind, I took the liberty to invite friends to celebrate New Year's eve at this establishment, expecting a wonderful evening of live entertainment and fine cuisine.

First of all, there was really no festive atmosphere like one would expect for an event like this. It was after all a celebration of the new year. The entertainment started very late, at 20h45 and only consisted of 3 waiters performing. This was in direct contrast with the expectation created on the advertisement of the event which clearly showed 9 waiters. Although the quality of singing was exceptional, there was not a lot of it. If I remember correctly, about 7 songs in total.When asked if they could perform more songs, I was told by the waiter that it was not possible.

The service by our waiter, Respect, was also below standard and therefore I did not give an additional tip. On numerous occasions, we had to call other waiters, because he was nowhere in sight. My husband's food was ice cold when it arrived and when the waiter brought it back, he did not replace the cutlery. The quality of the food was definitely also below the high standard that we are used to from this establishment.

Throughout the evening, I felt like the staff just wanted to get rid of us and that the whole function was almost like a drag to them. It felt as if they were never in control of the roll out of the evening. Since we also invited two guests, it was kind of embarrassing how the evening panned out.

The establishment requested an advance payment for the dinner and it stated on the receipt that the amount included a 10% gratuity for the singing waiter. Our waiter did not perform at the event, which was kind of confusing, because I was under the impression that this is what makes this restaurant unique: the fact that all the waiters on a particular evening, was going to perform.

It seems that on this evening, the company's interest in profits overshadowed customer satisfaction.

Based on this experience, I will most certainly not be visiting this establishment again and also will not be recommending it to others,

Date of stay: December 2019
Anette B, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Toscana Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Good day Annelie

I do apologise for your experience that was not up to your expectations. We unfortunately in the afternoon received cancellations from a few of our performers, making the production close to impossible. We did do everything in our power to still offer an evening with entertainment, and we hired the services of a professional dj to entertain the guests in between the entertainment sets.

I will definitely take the service aspect up with the managers of the evening, as our waiters are all trained up to standard so service from your waiter should not have been lacking.