Lowest prices for your stay
US$65
Free cancellation until 21/10/07
Hotels.comUS$66
PricelineUS$65
eDreamsUS$65
All reviews rooftop bar egg station great location loftus versfeld flat screen tv a great stay swimming pool business hotel the hotel staff beautiful hotel checkers protea gym supermarket convenience sink
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

Parking is a joke to stary with. You park at hotel parking but enterance and lifts osed. Which means that you have to walk woth your luggage through shopping area to do a check in.

From there rooms are cramp with the aircon not working.

Inroom dinning but no menu in the room.

The number for roomservice not working so you have to phone reception to get someone to bring a menu to you and give you a number to dial to get someone.

That takes 5 min before someone picks up the phone.

Our tv channels not working. Apparently the whole hotels tv is off.

Best to book at any of other hotels in the area which we stay at frequently whoch offers os much more qnd then at least the basics like tv and room service.

Must have been the worst stay in years at a Hotel. Wow

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Etienne Potgieter, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Loftus Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Good Day alexstarbuck

Thank you for your post and the feedback you have provided.

Due to the many precautionary measures taken during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have restricted the access into the hotel and access is only available through the main entrance where vehicles are permitted to park, drop off luggage and access the hotel. This is in order to do a health screening upon arrival and to restrict access to those individuals who show any symptoms. This is in place for the wellbeing of all our guests and staff.

The access from the parking is a mere 20 meters from the hotel entrance and I am sorry you ended up taking the wrong route to the hotel thorough the adjacent shopping centre.

Due to DSTV implementing changes to the bouquets offered to hotels many hotels experienced an outage on the 30th November 2020 and this was restored speedily by DSTV on the same day.

Thank you for the information regarding room service, I will most definitely investigate the matter and correct the short comings.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience cause.

Reviewed 26 November 2020 via mobile

I was out in PTA for a work trip. We booked at this hotel and I had theeee most pleasant stay.

FIRSTLY: please pass my thanks to Linda, Siphokazi and Edward at Reception for their service. They went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable, especially Edward for helping me with the charger ... I really appreciate it

Your rooms were clean and nicely furnished. I didn’t have enough time to explore your in-room entertainment unfortunately but I had a nice cocktail at your rooftop bar.

Continue doing the great work you’re doing, I’ll recommend your property to friends and will surely come back again.

Date of stay: November 2020

Dear MoloFromMyKitchen

Thank you very much for your positive review . I will most definitely pass your review onto the team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located within a shopping complex with all sorts of restaurants and a supermarket (Checkers). Service received from the hotel staff was good too, I will definitely be returning

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Etienne Potgieter, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Loftus Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2020

Dear KhristinaMo

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location convenient with many amenities around the hotel.

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed over for the Ramfest festival. We visited this place multiple times.Great place and staff!! Beautiful rooftop bar,room has awesome view and situated in awesome place ! Just outside the hotel you've got access to Seattle,Checkers, mexican salsa and so much more !! On the plus side Skyline Rooftop knows how to make a cocktail

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Potgieter-E, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Loftus Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Brandon T

Thank you very much for your positive review. Next time you are here, lets meet for one of those delicious cocktails.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

Booked this through our organization as it’s the closest hotel to the office. Warmly welcomed by staff at check in and quickly given room.
The room was clean and neat and well appointed. A bit small but suffice for one person.
The furniture and fittings seemed new and fit in well with the decor.
The bathroom was clean and tidy with a huge walk in shower which you had to be very careful in. When the water is running in the shower the floor in the shower is really slippy. Numerous times during my 5 day stay I slipped numerous times, even while being careful and being careful with my footing. Someone really could hurt themselves badly if they slip in the shower and there are no emergency pull cords so it would be difficult to call someone if you do fall and hurt yourself.

The breakfast offered was good. Plenty of hot and cold buffet choices, but the wait staff hovering around to take your plates away as soon as they are empty, is a bit annoying.

This is a good hotel in a great location close to a couple of grocery stores and good restaurants.

Just a couple of things to note.

Upon checking in, I was told I had to pay for my whole stay immediately, so I had to pay for the full 5 nights up front. In addition, I was not permitted to add any charges to the room. I was made to pay for everything immediately, including food and drink consumed at the rooftop bar. Being a Marriott Bonvoy member and as our organization uses this hotel a lot and as you can easily pre authorize a credit card, why make us pay in advance and nor permit charges to be added to your room? Rethink your policy.

Secondly, my room on the 4th floor continually smelled of grilled meat all the time. I know that the hotel is above a Rocco Mama’s restaurant and opposite a steak place, but the smell permeates through the room and corridor and there is nothing you can do about it.

I will stay at this hotel again, without question, but hope that they take into account the above.

Date of stay: February 2020