Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
R 1 781
All reviews tsogo sun cape town room service great stay breakfast buffet home away from home hazel ernest bihari
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2024 via mobile

I had a fantastic experience at the hotel, thanks to Hazel and Nombuso’s exceptional service. Their warm welcome and eagerness to assist made my stay memorable. They are very attentive and their professionalism and friendliness truly stood out.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2024 via mobile

Upon check in,I met with a chef and the maintenance manager who happened to be present requesting a vegetarian breakfast.on rhe first morning nobody heard of the request.The chef on duty darted to the second breakfast room and brought in some spinach which was delicious.That was the end.the next 3 days were ignored.I ate yoghurt and fruit.Strangely the manager was present serving a couple and their 2 kids personally. I WAS IGNORED.The only plus was Hazel at reception.she was courteous

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ruan Nieuwoudt, General Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2024

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in giving us feedback on your recent experience. Without feedback we would not know where we went wrong and how we can improve.

Whilst we have mushroom, tomatoes, hash browns on the buffet on a daily basis, coupled by a wide variety of continental items such as cereal, dried fruit, warm porridge, fruits, yoghurts. It might not have been for everyone's pallet, and I am quite concerned to hear that you did speak to the chef on arrival about your request.

If I may request I would like some further details about your recent experience if you can kindly email me at Ruan.Nieuwoudt@southernsun.com to unpack what we can perhaps do on your return.

I hope this once off experience does not deter you from visiting us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2023

Southernsun Newlands is a very good hotel, but don't have an inhouse swimming pool which accommodate kids. They should also look into having a small inhouse gym, rather than clients having to move in and out of their facility for swimming and exercising.

Room tip: It's not value for money,had to go out look for swimming pools.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback on your recent experience.

your comments are duly noted and we will take it under advisement to look at acquiring a gym and a pool. In saying this we do offer our guests a world class experience as the Sport Science Centre which is complimentary for anyone staying with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2023

The service was to die for Hazel and Shereen were wonderful. And looking forward to my next stay.

The food, and customer services I would recommend it to anyone. My wife 😍 enjoyed herself and we are definitely coming back as a family.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good day,

It warms our hearts to hear how wonderful your experience was at Southern Sun Newlands.

I will be sure to share your lovely message with Hazel and Shereen, coupled by the food and beverage team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2023

I had a wonderful stay at The Newlands Southern Sun Hotel. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and the great mountain views added to the overall experience. The staff, particularly Hazel, were extremely friendly and attentive, making the stay even more enjoyable. The hotel's cleanliness and comfort were remarkable, and having the convenience of two on-site restaurants was a definite plus. I'm already looking forward to coming back for another stay. Highly recommended!

Send a message

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ruan Nieuwoudt, General Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2023

Dear Kim,

It warms our hearts to read such a lovely review of your recent experience at our property.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to deliver on what we strive for. I will be sure to share the review with Hazel and team of how wonderful experience you had.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, as we are in the process of launching our new summer A'la Carte menu for you to sample!

kind regards,