Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$118
Hotels.comUS$119
Booking.comUS$118
CheapTicketsUS$119
eDreamsUS$118
getaroom.comUS$128
All reviews tsogo sun cape town excellent service great stay free wifi enjoyed my stay breakfast buffet lovely view table mountain home away from home ernest hazel popcorn establishment ct waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2020

The stay was pleasant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was not so much variety in terms of food choices for both breakfast & dinner, however, what was available was palatable and fresh.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Nabila C, General Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Thank you for your custom and for your detailed feedback.

My team and I are most pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

In addition to the above I have noted your comments pertaining to the food.

Furthermore, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2020

I have been staying at the Southern Sun Newlands Hotel for quite a few times. I always return because of the excellent service that we have received every time that we have stayed here.
Staff (from reception to the cleaners, everyone are hospitable, helpful and friendly.
The breakfast is also one of the high lights.
The location of the hotel is great, it is central, has a beautiful view of the mountains. It is also situated right next to the Newlands rugby stadion,

Continue with your excellent work and efforts to contribute to improve the economy of South Africa.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Escape01097096339, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Thank you for taking time to complete this positive feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our hotel.

We are grateful to have consistently met your expectation in terms of service delivery and our team will continue to provide the highest level of positive attitude towards our valued guests at all times. I'm glad you mentioned breakfast as one of your highlights as we also take the opportunity to interact with our guests daily while they enjoy our delicious, most important meal of the day.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Rogers Mchunu
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2020

The service is good in general. Personnel and the environment was good in all aspects during the short weekend stay. Quite ideal and near most shops and a mall. Would recommend my people to stay there.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with your positive feedback for our hotel Southern Sun Newlands.

We highly appreciate the fact that you will recommend us to people to stay here, thank you once again.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Rogers Mchunu
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2020

As a 4 star hotel i would have preferred to have a shower only in my room instead of standing a bath with a shower curtain.
I am not sure if the Newlands Sun do have rooms with shower only instead of a bath.

Maybe they can also label the some of the breakfast items as Halaal "friendly" if that is the term they want use. This will give the Muslim guest the peace of mind when having breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Nabila C, General Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

Thank you for your custom and for your feedback pertaining to Southern Sun Newlands.

Please could you forward us your full name and surname so that we may update your profile pertaining to your preference regarding a walk in shower - we do have these available.

Since we are not certified Halaal we shall not advertise items as "Halaal Friendly" - we do however purchase our meat from a Halaal Certified butcher, bearing in mind that we do serve bacon and pork sausage on our buffet.

Going forward if you could mail us prior to your stay we could order in a Halaal meal for you from a certified Halaal supplier, which would be at your own cost.
In addition we have various cold meats on the buffet as well as fish that you may consume, however our Chefs would be pleased to assist you on the day with any further clarification if needed.

I do hope that the above has helped.

Reviewed 14 January 2020

My family and I stayed at the Southern Sun Newlands for four nights. The staff was always pleasant and the rooms were clean with a lovely view of Table Mountain. The location of the hotel was convenient since we had a vehicle however it was disappointing to note they did not have a complimentary shuttle to the V&A Waterfront. Shops were within walking distance and it was relatively safe. I would highly recommend this hotel....

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Nabila C, General Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Thank you for your custom and for your detailed feedback.

The team and I are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

We do have a shuttle that may be arranged to go to the V&A Waterfront, however it will be at a cost to yourself. I have noted your feedback pertaining to this.

In addition to the above my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.