Reviews (1 532)
1 532 results
1 049
1 049
All reviews square restaurant table mountain myoga restaurant cape town giant tortoises gardens are beautiful resident tortoises main restaurant mountain facing room lovely hotel travel desk courtyard room breakfast buffet is top class world class rooms are modern an oasis
15 - 20 of 1 532 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay in Cape Town- fantastic, charming, authentic with lovely staff ... but: i) its a popular place for locals for business and pleasure but I found this meant several times we could not find places to sit or dine... think about your residents and make exclusive places for them to sit? ii) the food at the the high end restaurant is too try hard - e.g. , the French Onion soup was not what you would get in Paris... ; iii) the indoor swimming pool is too cold ;-)... Obviously all of these are 'minor' problems but to get 5 stars needs attention...

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Stayed at the Vineyard for 11 nights. Used it as our base for exploring and it was FANTASTIC. Great room, great staff, couldn't have asked for more. Breakfast were fantastic and evening meals in The Square were delightful with the most helpful staff, especially Thembeka who introduced my husband to some lovely wines.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djwithington
Reviewed 10 October 2018

The Vineyard continues to make a lasting impression. The setting is simply beautiful, so have time to walk around the garden or enjoy the pool. Room is spacious, the buffet breakfast offers variety, it can be very healthy or indulgent. Repairs are being done to the rooms, so during the day the room was noisy. The Vineyard is like an institution with locals too and that is always a plus, the patio overlooking the garden is always in great demand for lunch or tea. What was great about the Vineyard is Valet Parking, it was sleek and always a time saver when travelling. Still my favourite hotel on the other side of the mountain.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2018

It was my 50th birthday in September and my partner surprised me with a night's stay in the hotel and a party for my friends at the Square restaurant.
Everything, from the welcome as we arrive in the lobby to our quick check-in, our delicious lunch on the verandah, our room, the surprise dinner party, to our breakfast the next morning was of a superior standard and flawless.
I am a local Capetonian so it was an absolute treat to the joys of a day and a night as a tourist in such a beautiful setting.
Thank you, Vineyard, for an excellent experience and I highly recommend the Vineyard Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Large comfortable rooms, quality fittings, equiped with all that the traveler is likely to need.Bath room amenties were first class.
Great coffee! Breakfast buffet first class.
Staff are well trained and polite, quick to respond to any request.
My room had a great view of the magnificent gardens, as well as a view of the back of Table Mountain.
The only negative was that there was a short walk from the parking garage to the hotel where one was exposed to the rain. I was offered a valet parking, but unfortunately my car rental company insurance terms did not allow me to accept this offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper room with a view of the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business