Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$139
PricelineUS$139
Agoda.comUS$138
TripadvisorUS$138
Hotels.com
All reviews an absolute pleasure beautiful setting garden suite service was excellent picnic wedding venue guests roses catering
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2020

Our October Porsche Club Breakfast run was hosted at the picturesque Toadbury Hall Country Hotel. Catering to the needs of discerning Porsche enthusiasts and making sure they discover new places and obtain good value for money can sometimes be challenging. But finding a magnificent little gem conveniently located near Elandsdrift (which many seasoned Johburger’s did not seem to know about), makes everything worthwhile.
What makes Toadbury Hall so special is that it is nestled between enormous indigenous trees and lavish gardens overlooking the beautiful dams and gardens. This time of the year, everything was lush green, complemented with blooming roses and the smell of lavender.

From the first moment we met Noni, we knew we were in excellent hands. Her courteous, gracious and charming way of ensuring that she meets our expectations makes it an absolute pleasure to host such an event. The service was excellent, the food was really ample and tasty - meeting our expectations while remaining within the available budget. Noni Mothetho and Projects Operations Manager Gary Brown personally attended the event to make sure it met with our specifications, and confirm our guests were happy.

If you want five-star service in a beautiful setting, Toadbury Hall is highly recommended, whether it is to lunch or picnic or hosting that special event. We cannot wait to return to experience the tranquil but stylish experience of Toadbury Hall.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 22 November 2019

Wow! My experience at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel was fabulous! It's a pity I cannot express in words how beautiful this venue is.
The Executive Garden Suite Rooms that I had booked were very well maintained, beautifully decorated and clean. The staff is friendly and willing to assist.

My only critique is that the service at the restaurants is slow - allow for some waiting time for your meals (including breakfast). The food is okay - but the venue is so beautiful that is makes up for that.

Room tip: Book the Executive Garden Suites (you won't regret it)
Date of stay: November 2019
ToadburyHallHotel, Public Relations Manager at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Tshepiso
Thank you for your amazing review. We will look at the service with regard to the food. Thank you for the input. Regards, The Toadbury Team

Reviewed 18 November 2019

I cannot say enough about how stunning their venue is. Perfect for a wedding or event!

In terms of the hotel, my fiancé and I stayed here 2 nights and this was our overall review on it:

Cleanliness was a 3 or 4 out of 5. There were a few bugs and spiders, the carpet looked like it needed to be cleaned and the robes didn't smell clean. Other than that I think the bathroom and sheets were clean.

There is A/C however it doesn't cool the room down. The room is very humid (I think because of the straw type roof). It was actually cooler outdoors then inside our room which is weird for a hotel...

The wifi set up is super strange. They give you a couple sheets of paper with login details which you have to re-login every 100mb. Super inconvenient especially if you're working on the trip... plus a lot of the logins showed expired so you had to enter each one until you found one that worked.

The food was good.

The water pressure in the shower was great.

The staff was really nice.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank mariahm1514
Reviewed 14 October 2019

From poor service to bad management, this is one place to avoid. I cannot stress enough how dissatisfied I am with Toadbury Hall and I hope to never hear of Toadbury ever again. I have emailed to complain but had no response.

Date of stay: October 2019
ToadburyHallHotel, Public Relations Manager at Toadbury Hall Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Dear Sir. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. This was decidedly an uncommon instance and we will endeavour to do better and to ensure that these types of incidences do not reoccur in future. Further to this matter, Toadbury Management have made contact with your travelling companion and assured her of the above as well. Regards, The Toadbury Team.

Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

First impression was not great. Although I was flying over from the UK to be at my cousin’s wedding, management seemed over anxious about my ability to pay and gave me just three days to pay up. It was a complicated international transfer and I ran out of time so had to borrow the money from the bridegroom!

Once there, however, everything was excellent. My room was spectacular with a huge bathroom and the grounds were lovely. The food was magnificent from breakfast on the terrace to dinner by a roaring fire and a spectacular wedding banquet. The staff were attentive and helpful at all times.

I loved the chapel and the outbuildings, the little stream and the pool.

I am delighted my cousin chose Toadbury Hall for his wedding.

Date of stay: August 2019