2 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$111
eDreamsUS$100
TravelocityUS$124
All reviews water features botanical gardens carnivore gin spa weekend venue premises birds background assistance
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2021

The room was lovely and big, with own private entrance. The cleanliness was of a very high standard. The African setting was lovely, and felt like a nice get away. Very big resort, didn't feel cramped at all.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Definitely not as advertised.
In dire need of upgrades,maintenance and spa staff... apparently has only one therapist.
Carnivore Restaurant were excellent thou with “Queen Elizabeth” waitress that were top class

Reviewed 14 May 2021

Great surroundings, beautiful clean accommodation and brilliant restaurant ( the carvery). Well worth a visit. Will be visiting again for sure, but with my wife as a treat for her. I will consider using it as a venue for a conference

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2021

The welcome Ag the reception was warm and inviting and all COVID rules and regulations were adhered to. Our room was spacious and accommodating. And coffee hot and fresh and always refilled. The meals were well served and better than most hotels. The staff were friendly and whenever someone passed us would greet us and mean it not jut offer a cursory glance or wave. We felt welcome. The so is absolutely gorgeous and Hilda and Dudu made sure our massage was really memorable. The Carnivore restaurant should not be missed. The gardens are filled with tress and green and the pool is another picnic spot that you can enjoy picnics. Overall a great experience and should be on any South Africans bucket list.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Recreation Africa, Marketing at Misty Hills Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2021

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your Misty Hills experience – it’s always wonderful to receive such positive feedback! Please come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2021

My husband bought me a SPA treatment for my 60th birthday on 20 April 2021. Very excited about it and could not wait to go to this 4-star facility. It was a disappointment from the minute I arrived. I was greeted by the receptionist who switched the kettle on so I could make myself a cup of tea or coffee - that's it not a choice tea/coffee/juice/water. Thereafter I was taken to a treatment room. The first massage (full body hot stone massage) was relaxing and I enjoyed it. The second treatment was a head massage - it was not relaxing at all, felt like I was there to have my hear muddled up - this lasted for 20 minutes, rubbing my hair from one side to the other. The third treatment was reflexology - what a disaster. The therapist dozed off a third of the time and concentrated on the middle of my feet. The pressure of the massage became lighter then stopped completely - I could also see the therapist dozing off from under through the cloth that was placed over my eyes at the beginning of the treatment. At one stage I was going to stop the treatment and leave, but being a diplomatic person I decided to endure the treatment. The fourth treatment was an eye massage - a piece of equipment is placed over your eyes (or should be placed over your eyes and not above your eyes) and then sounds like water running and birds in the background. I had to adjust this piece of equipment a few times until I felt comfortable with it. Without the assistance of the therapist who went back and massaged me feet further to just sleep again. Anyhow during this treatment about 5 people came in and out of the room - no idea who they were but I could hear the door open and close constantly with force. I could not relax at all. During the entire 3 hours of massages, I was not once asked if I would like something to drink or have a bathroom break. It felt like it was a rushed treatment with no time to spare. Anyhow, then had a SPA bath without soap / shampoo / cloth to wash myself. I felt it necessary to remove some of the oil from my body in order not to stain my clothes. The therapist fetched me thereafter carrying a picnic basket to have my SPA lunch outside. Well, well, well. I sat on a garden chair with a table of about 30cm x 30cm and 30cm high. Given a basket with about 6 bowls filled with fridge cold food. 3 x Samosas, 2 x chicken kebabs, and a beef wrap - just came out of the fridge not even warmed up. I had a bite of the samosa and decided I could not eat this. There was also a bowl of salad - BUT no eating utensils or hand cloth - NOR ANYTHING TO DRINK. I went to the receptionist to enquire about eating utensils and the food being cold. She just shrugged her shoulders. I then told her I will pack my picnic basket up and take the food home where I can at least warm it up and have utensils to eat with. Fine with her. So I left the SPA complex - nobody even noticing that I left or asked how I enjoyed my day. This was such a disappointment as my husband really thought he would treat me for my 60th birthday with a day alone at the SPA where I could be pampered and feel special - nothing like this. I forwarded the same comments above to the person who confirmed our booking (Johanna Thabeng - Reservations Manager) more than 24 hours later, not even an apology or confirmation of receipt of email was received.
I would not recommend this facility to anybody. If they cannot operate properly due to COVID, they should not operate at all. Feels like they stole our money by offering something they did not live up to.
Veronica van der Merwe

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Mrs van der Merwe

Thank you for taking our call.
We would like start off by apologising for the delay in response to your review. We have shared your concerns with the relevant departments and our General Manager.

Your feedback is important to us and highlights the areas that we could improve on. We do strive to deliver a positive experience and apologise for the disappointing experience you were met with. We are in the process of implementing procedures that will correct our shortcomings.