Lowest prices for your stay
US$124
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$111
TravelocityUS$124
eDreamsUS$100
All reviews water features botanical gardens carnivore gin spa weekend venue premises birds background assistance
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2021

Great surroundings, beautiful clean accommodation and brilliant restaurant ( the carvery). Well worth a visit. Will be visiting again for sure, but with my wife as a treat for her. I will consider using it as a venue for a conference

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 April 2021

The welcome Ag the reception was warm and inviting and all COVID rules and regulations were adhered to. Our room was spacious and accommodating. And coffee hot and fresh and always refilled. The meals were well served and better than most hotels. The staff were friendly and whenever someone passed us would greet us and mean it not jut offer a cursory glance or wave. We felt welcome. The so is absolutely gorgeous and Hilda and Dudu made sure our massage was really memorable. The Carnivore restaurant should not be missed. The gardens are filled with tress and green and the pool is another picnic spot that you can enjoy picnics. Overall a great experience and should be on any South Africans bucket list.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Recreation Africa, Marketing at Misty Hills Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2021

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your Misty Hills experience – it’s always wonderful to receive such positive feedback! Please come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2021

My husband bought me a SPA treatment for my 60th birthday on 20 April 2021. Very excited about it and could not wait to go to this 4-star facility. It was a disappointment from the minute I arrived. I was greeted by the receptionist who switched the kettle on so I could make myself a cup of tea or coffee - that's it not a choice tea/coffee/juice/water. Thereafter I was taken to a treatment room. The first massage (full body hot stone massage) was relaxing and I enjoyed it. The second treatment was a head massage - it was not relaxing at all, felt like I was there to have my hear muddled up - this lasted for 20 minutes, rubbing my hair from one side to the other. The third treatment was reflexology - what a disaster. The therapist dozed off a third of the time and concentrated on the middle of my feet. The pressure of the massage became lighter then stopped completely - I could also see the therapist dozing off from under through the cloth that was placed over my eyes at the beginning of the treatment. At one stage I was going to stop the treatment and leave, but being a diplomatic person I decided to endure the treatment. The fourth treatment was an eye massage - a piece of equipment is placed over your eyes (or should be placed over your eyes and not above your eyes) and then sounds like water running and birds in the background. I had to adjust this piece of equipment a few times until I felt comfortable with it. Without the assistance of the therapist who went back and massaged me feet further to just sleep again. Anyhow during this treatment about 5 people came in and out of the room - no idea who they were but I could hear the door open and close constantly with force. I could not relax at all. During the entire 3 hours of massages, I was not once asked if I would like something to drink or have a bathroom break. It felt like it was a rushed treatment with no time to spare. Anyhow, then had a SPA bath without soap / shampoo / cloth to wash myself. I felt it necessary to remove some of the oil from my body in order not to stain my clothes. The therapist fetched me thereafter carrying a picnic basket to have my SPA lunch outside. Well, well, well. I sat on a garden chair with a table of about 30cm x 30cm and 30cm high. Given a basket with about 6 bowls filled with fridge cold food. 3 x Samosas, 2 x chicken kebabs, and a beef wrap - just came out of the fridge not even warmed up. I had a bite of the samosa and decided I could not eat this. There was also a bowl of salad - BUT no eating utensils or hand cloth - NOR ANYTHING TO DRINK. I went to the receptionist to enquire about eating utensils and the food being cold. She just shrugged her shoulders. I then told her I will pack my picnic basket up and take the food home where I can at least warm it up and have utensils to eat with. Fine with her. So I left the SPA complex - nobody even noticing that I left or asked how I enjoyed my day. This was such a disappointment as my husband really thought he would treat me for my 60th birthday with a day alone at the SPA where I could be pampered and feel special - nothing like this. I forwarded the same comments above to the person who confirmed our booking (Johanna Thabeng - Reservations Manager) more than 24 hours later, not even an apology or confirmation of receipt of email was received.
I would not recommend this facility to anybody. If they cannot operate properly due to COVID, they should not operate at all. Feels like they stole our money by offering something they did not live up to.
Veronica van der Merwe

Dear Mrs van der Merwe

Thank you for taking our call.
We would like start off by apologising for the delay in response to your review. We have shared your concerns with the relevant departments and our General Manager.

Your feedback is important to us and highlights the areas that we could improve on. We do strive to deliver a positive experience and apologise for the disappointing experience you were met with. We are in the process of implementing procedures that will correct our shortcomings.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

Dear Misty Hills

My friend Mr Greef (Pro Athlete and competitor at the event hosted by your Hotel) and I had the misfortune of staying at your hotel (Misty Hills) from 2 April 2021 to 3 April 2021 room number 307 Deluxe Superior Double Room.
During our stay, we encountered a number of unsatisfactory service levels that I think you should know of and hopefully do something about.

Our check in was seamless and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. However,
1. A porter was not available to assist us with our luggage (Competing in a Bodybuilder competition comes with allot of baggage, literally) so the lady attempted to carry our luggage to the room, we did not allow this of course seeing as we did not want a lady to carry our luggage, this caused for a somewhat awkward and uneasy walk to our room.
This was not a major issue as we are used to carrying around heavy “stuff”

2. When we arrived at the room, we found 1x double bed – after I requested that we will require 2x single beds (Please find attached proof of request) on 25 February 2021
This was not a major issue as the room was fixed an hour later –

3. Please find attached (admittedly not much proof, however proof nonetheless) that I spoke to an employee at your Hotel for 1:26min at 09:52 on 2 April prior to our check in, to confirm if your Hotel or the restaurants has Dry Red Wine – I was assured that you do serve Dry Red Wine – (This forms part of a very complex and detailed diet) for your guests (Pro Athletes) - Ginbox Pub & The Connexion and the Carnivore did not have Dry Red Wine? How is this even possible? (This one is beyond me, I have no words.)
What made matters worse was the absolute lack of attentiveness of your staff including the manager, a male whose name I did not even care to ask due to his impetuous attitude.
This however was a major issue for us, as we had to leave the Hotel’s premises and find an establishment that sells Dry Red Wine at 20:40 (We made it back alive)

4. Prior to leaving the Restaurant to find Dry Red Wine, I had asked the wait staff to heat up a pre-cooked and weighed (sealed) container of food for a Pro Athlete, to my surprise the staff told me that the kitchen does not have a microwave, now, this I find extremely hard to believe, if this was a Health & Safety risk, that should be explained to guests, not making up silly reasons, none the less, I walked to reception who was happy to assist me in heating up my sealed container of food.
This was not the end of the world either,

5. Before walking to reception to heat up the food, I had ordered a Burger and chips, 20 minutes later a delicious looking burger (2 actually, even though we only ordered 1) arrived at the table, I requested 3 times for condiments, you know, Tomato sauce etc, by the time I had walked into your Back of House on the hunt for condiments, I still could not find 1 single person to give me some Tomato sauce, I gave up this battle and went back to my table, to find my food was cold – I returned the cold food, by this time I had, had enough and opted to not eat and just cancel the order, we paid for my Coke Zero and left.
Again, I was shocked at the level of service and the absolute dispassionate, detached and absent minded behaviour we experienced throughout our time in the Restaurant. Two words comes to mind Shocking Service.

This is not 4 star – I would suggest you have a look at HOW you train your employees, and perhaps add a module to your management program around Problem Solving.
Please also note that had we known that there would not be wifi, we would not have booked at your hotel (Please find attached Network summary) congested network, I am assuming your network does not have the capacity to accommodate as many users, I am not sure, but the hotel did not seem to be booked at full capacity at all.

Yours in good faith, (and an empty stomach)

Room tip: I would not stay at this hotel ever again.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Misty Hills, Marketing at Misty Hills Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

We would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for your valuable time to complete our online survey.

Thank you for the time you have taken to bring to our attention the various issues you experienced at our Hotel and restaurant. I would like to convey my sincerest apologies for the disappointing service and for the delayed response. Please be assured that your comments have received the strictest attention of our Management team.

We have taken note of your valuable comments and please be assured that such matters will be looked into by the relevant department heads.

We certainly hope that when you do return to Misty Hills Country Hotel, Conference Centre & Spa, you will have a more pleasant and memorable experience.

Reviewed 23 March 2021

Avoid this hellhole at all costs.
There were bats in our room.
Rooms did not have locks on door.
Moldy bathroom.
No wifi service.
Noisy neighbors.
Indifferent management.
Lack of maintenance of rooms in general.

Room tip: avoid at all costs. Service levels have declined since the start of COVID
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you for the time you have taken to bring to our attention the various issues you experienced at our Hotel . We would like to convey our sincerest apologies for the disappointing service and for the delayed response. Please be assured that your comments have received the strictest attention of our Management team.