Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
iv0rj0nes
Edenvale, South Africa

always happy

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Nov 2019
Had a great time, I think it was a great surprise for my wife's 56 birthday, and as the first time been there, we had a nice meal and the new ocean basket, went to the show at the barn yard nice evening out.
Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • ZenHotels.com
    R 899
9.1 km from Silverstar Hotel
View more hotels in Muldersdrift
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2019

I stayed here for one night only as I was running a workshop there for a full day. On arrival, I was greeted by, I think it was Lucas who was great and very friendly. Unfortunately, however, that was the end of the good stuff.

I was given a suite (thank you) but one TV wasn't working, no iron and ironing board and no bottled water in the room (this to me should be normal procedure) especially with water being a rare commodity nowadays. Plus the water in the room was very dirty, see photos below. I also opened the bar fridge to find one bottle of flavoured water, not sure if it was left there by previous visitors or this was their water offering, see photo below :(

I then went for dinner to find two restaurants only serving one red wine which you could buy by the glass, this isn't the hotel's fault but nevertheless very disappointing that you cannot have a decent glass from a range of options.

On returning to my room, I was surprised to see no-one in the reception area nor security personnel which means anyone from the casino can just make their way into the hotel or from the outside for that matter without anyone if knowing if they are hotel guests or not. Not a comforting thought.

Then I ran my full-day workshop at the conference centre and we lost connection on the projector and had to wait while they found someone to sort it out which we had to wait on and call for twice.

After we left the conference centre we were told we had a credit of R658 but before they would pay us we got this email "Also attached is the refund request form. Please return the completed form together with a bank letter (not older than 3 months) and your Tax Clearance Certificate in order to send to Finance for processing."

I was gobsmacked, for R658 we needed to provide them with a refund form, a tax clearance certificate and a bank letter, what absolute craziness. I told them to keep the money because my time doing all this was worth more than R658. Trevor the Food and Beverage Manager had to intervene and sorted the refund out without all the paperwork but what terrible customer service to end my stay with. Hope they up their game but with the casino next door, I guess they will always have guests regardless of their service levels.

P.S. No gym which should also be standard nowadays in 'top' hotels.

1  Thank Leon L
Reviewed 7 November 2019

I stayed in the Luxury Suite and it absolutely spacious with all the amenities that you need. It was beyond my expectations! The bathroom was exquisite together with the living area and the mini balcony that made my morning viewing a pleasure.

Reviewed 6 November 2019

It is a nice place to unwind. The tranquillity offered at night outside the waterfront, is magnificent. The parking for the public though great , but is insufficient during peak periods.This result in induced pressure.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2019

Unfortunately no gym (I especially was missing that, if you have to do business during the day some activity in the evening would be highly appreciated.
To my surprise the SPA area was closing already at 6pm, so exactly at the time I arrive back from the office. Hence it was nearly impossible to use it.
(sorry I can compare only to European standards and here in europe usually spa and gym-if belonging to a Hotel - are usually open until 11pm)
In addition the air conditioning in my room was out of order and then fan was blowing only warm air. Hence the average room temperature in my room was 31•C. I was asking twice to get in repaired at the reception but it seems to be a bigger problem as it never happened in my nearly two weeks stay.

Except these negative points the Hotel is fine and clean. Wifi could be a bit faster and should be w/o 500MB limitation.

Reviewed 5 November 2019

WE stayed there for our thirtieth wedding anniversary and paid extra for the champagne and flowers. But we would like to recommend something more personal, like maybe ropes to wear in the room, a finger plate of food and maybe more beverages as complimentary for such a special occasion. Discounts at the restaurants and / or free play on the gaming floor and complimentary drinks as it is but once in a lifetime that you are married for that long

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple