Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$59
Hotels.comUS$59
Protea HotelsUS$59
TripadvisorUS$59
Priceline
eDreamsUS$59
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before meeting our safari tour group. Hotel is set in a safe sub urban area. Near mall
Of africa which has a lot restaurants and shops. Hotel has big land. Room is comfortable. Pool is nice but we did not get to use it.

Date of stay: December 2019
PHMidrand, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used to maintain our standards of service and facilities.

We are delighted that you felt safe and cared for while staying with us. Without your comments, we would never know when we are doing right.

Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotels again in the near future.

Best regards,

Jacques Jordaan

Reviewed 22 November 2019 via mobile

After 10 days of stay in room 258, you can quickly fed up of eating the same carte menu. None change has been done since years !!!They must improve their menu carte , otherwise all facilities are well-maintained.Don’t expect many activities around the hotel because nothing really is closed to it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank gustavon844
MichaelT8458, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2019

Dear Valued GUEST

Thank you for taking the time to complete our GUEST Feedback Questionnaire and to write down your additional comments after your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding your feedback about our menu options by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Your feedback is imperative for us to ensure that our GUESTS’ expectations are being met and exceeded. Without your comments, we would never know when we are doing right, but more importantly, when we are doing wrong! Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence.

Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotels again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2019

Went to the restaurant wit friends that were celebrating a significant Birthday. The services we slow and Food was actually unexplainably bad. Steaks were poor quality and badly prepared. Burger seemed to be of the cheapest quality. I had called to raise this complaint the following day and have had no follow up from management who were not available on the day. There was no even music in the background even though the waiter suggests that it was on.

Very disappointing experience when you are trying to entertain guests

Date of stay: October 2019
MichaelT8458, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Dear Valued GUEST

Thank you for taking the time to complete our GUEST Feedback Survey and to write down your additional comments after your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding the level of service that you received by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 October 2019

I just had to write this review (I very rarely write reviews!)! I had my wallet in a computer satchel when I was out visiting a colleague one evening. I discovered the following morning that it was missing - I had either left it in the Uber, or in the hotel lobby bar. The Uber guy said it wasn't in his car, and there was no trace of it in the hotel lost property. After talking about my dilemma with hotel staff, they were most helpful! I knew the exact time I'd arrived in the Uber, so they could inspect the hotel security footage - which confirmed I'd had the satchel with me at that time. After sitting in the lobby bar for a while, I'd gone to my room and left the satchel behind. Long story short, a hotel day guest had picked it up thinking it must have belonged to one of their group - and handed it to their group leader. So the group leader was able to drop the satchel back the following day - wallet etc., completely intact (with credit cards & cash).
I thought this was a real testament to modern technology and human decency - but most all to human decency!! Well done to all the staff who helped out at the Protea Marriott Midrand (& of course to the people who found and returned the wallet) - you turned what was a stressful time into one of life's memorably good moments!!
I look forward to staying with you again. :-)

Date of stay: October 2019
MichaelT8458, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Dear Valued GUEST

GUESTS' perceptions of the service they receive whilst staying with Protea Hotels is the only true yardstick we have for measuring whether or not we have met their expectations. I should, therefore, like to thank you for taking the time to complete the GUEST Feedback Questionnaire during your stay with us, and to assure you that your comments are being used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our service standards and facilities.

We were delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand. and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for the third time for 3 nights. The staff were friendly, patient and helpful. I felt refreshed, in spite of business being stressful. Food was amazing. They have a free shuttle within a 10km radius. Only problem is the lack of an elevator, so if you're not good with stairs, request a downstairs room. I was upstairs all 3 times and loved it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MichaelT8458, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2019

Dear Mr. Valued GUEST

Thank you for the great rating and thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Feedback Survey.

Your feedback is imperative for us to ensure that our GUESTS’ expectations are being met and exceeded. Without your comments and rating, we would never know when we are doing right, but more importantly, when we are doing wrong! Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence.

Jacques Jordaan