Lowest prices for your stay
US$56
Priceline
US$53
Mercure
US$56
eDreamsUS$56
TravelocityUS$62
CheapTicketsUS$62
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2019

We stayed 2 nights at the Mercure. The location was perfect for us as we attended a weekend seminar at Gallagher. Friendly staff. The room needs an upgrade and are a bit too small to my liking. It is fine for 2 nights and the hotel is kept clean; safe venue with enclosed parking and good bedding. We'll be back in a few months for our next seminar.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
h2917-gm, General Manager at Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2019

Dear Marc,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

We are pleased to read your positive review and are glad you had a great experience.

It is our mission to delight our guests every day. I will certainly share your feedback with the staff and they will be delighted to see their hard work has been noticed.

We look forward to welcome you back again very soon..

Reviewed 14 July 2019

Typical of a Mercure Hotel so you know what you are getting.
The staff in this place are really what made it a pleasurable stay. All were very polite, helpful, attentive and had a great positive attitude no matter what their role was. The hotel is in a great location for the Gallagher Exhibition Centre although there isn't much else close by.
Rooms are average size for a 3 star property however, the bathroom was a bit 'used'. The shower tiles and skin were stained from the constant use and the bathroom was looking a bit tired. The room, although simple, was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank a_bhui
h2917-gm, General Manager at Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Dear Adamnnet,

Thank you very much for your feedback and rating of our services and product.

It’s our hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2019

Basic hotel with friendly staff. It location is perfectly convenient as I was visiting the Gallagher convention as it’s just 5 min walk.

The housekeeping team did a perfect job not only replacing amenities but ensuring the right cleaning standards.

The entrance is guarded by a security gate as the lobby entrance is only accessible through this and gates are also closed.

The hotel has one restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It also has a small bar attached although most often drinks are not available and it was even surprising that bottled water was not available.

Their are a few malls close to the hotel although I won’t recommend walking to them after dark... however their is a small mall right next to the hotel which offers a few restaurants.

Overall a good location if you are visiting the area specially for the conference.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room on the other side of the main entrance
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
h2917-gm, General Manager at Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Dear Allwyn,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience cause with regards of the unavailability of certain drinks at the bar.
Your feedback is important to us as it serves as encouragement to continuously improve our services and product.
It's our hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

I stayed with the establishment for one night. Before leaving home, I called to ask if the hotel has a shuttle to which the response was affirmative, only to be charged for a cab they called for me. Strike one
The hotel is sort of noisy and mostly flowing with lots of people, had not anticipated such(I love my quite). I asked for an iron, had to call over 3 times using my mobile because the phone in the room wasn't working. Go for it if you aren't looking for comfort, it's just an OK place.

A big shout out to house keeping though! I forgot my earrings in the room, a month later I went to enquire and I found them. Big ups

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ms_taydo
h2917-gm, General Manager at Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

Dear Ms. Taydo,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and that your experience did not live up to your expectations.
At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night, to be close to Mall of Africa and also OR Tambo International Airport. Booked through booking.com.
All went well. Price very good.
Room was clean and spacious.
We wanted two double rooms, pity they didn’t give us next to each other that could make the night perfect!
We didn’t eat in their restaurant but restaurant looked cosy and clean.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
h2917-gm, General Manager at Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Dear Dr Ali Halajan,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear that we have been able to turn you into one of our loyal Guests
Thank you for your kind recommendations of our services and facilities and for sharing this with the TripAdvisor community...

We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.