“Best sushi I have ever had!”

Wasabi Restaurant Mall of Africa
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Midrand
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We visited Wasabi recently for dinner. The service although a bit slow was very good. And the food was outstanding particularly the designer sushi. OMG!!! Best sushi I have ever had. If you’re going there and enjoy sushi, you must try the Dragon vs Tiger (I think that’s what it’s called) and the Berry Roses. Amazing!!! Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

After a few recommendations from friends we decided to have lunch here. After standing around for 10 minutes and waiting for our table to get cleaned we finally sat down only to find two annoying flies that kept pestoring our table that the staff felt was normal. A few ordered sushi and two of us ordered steaks. I must say that as a so-called "grillhouse" it's quite underwhelming.

Although the steak's been flambé'd in a spectacular fashion in front of you, it doesn't count if they get it wrong (I ordered medium and got well done). That said, it was changed in minutes and the ladies praised the sushi.

All-in-all a decent experience but one of those restaurants that aren't worth the money. With so many quality restaurants in the immediate vicinity I don't see myself going back. Pity.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Sushi taken to another level!
And the fillet feta dimsum OMW!!
You simply have to treat yourself to this restaurant - service is personal and friendy
Just go.... Really!!!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Blown away. Fusion food with a twist. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and well worth the experience. Not more expensive than most good restaurants. Will certainly come back.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We don't visit Wasabi too often as it is pricy, but that said, it is always a good experience when we do get to go. A favorite is the African Sushi platter which we always order. Their sushi is always fresh, unique and beautifully prepared and presented. The staff are well trained, attentive and just a pleasure to deal with.