Free cancellation until 05/08
US$94
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$275
Reviews (1 501)
1 501 results
1 031
1 031
All reviewsquills restaurantnespresso machinetop floorlong flightarrivals hallindoor poolinternational arrivalsexecutive roommain terminaltambo airporthour flightnext morningyour luggagebetween flightsroom servicesouth africaterminal building
119 - 124 of 1 501 reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2017

After a diverted flight that caused us to miss our connection in Johannesburg, we were greeted at the Intercontinental at the Airport with a generous welcome by Tshepo and Lebo at Reception. This was perhaps the best Intercontinental Hotel we have stayed in for many years. We were invited to a reception for guests where we met the wonderful Head Chef, Yoshan Naidu, who provided delicious samples of what is available in his restaurant hotel. We sampled the house pinotage and enjoyed conversations with other guests and the General Manager, Samantha Clingham, who was extremely welcoming. Unlike other Airport hotels, our room offered luxurious finishing inclusions, including a decanter of port. Our dinner was perfectly prepared by the Chef, accommodating our allergies. Vongani attended to us perfectly in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lme2011
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Ime2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property and for recognising the professional and memorable service that you received, it is warming to know that we have made you stay both a success as well as memorable. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel at the airport. This a a luxury hotel so is pricey, but worth it. You roll your bag out the door across the walkway and you are in the airport. Fantastic restaurant and impeccable staff. The rooms are luxurious. Highly recommended if you need to catch an early flight on a stopover.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear tripzzzz
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night in transit to another flight. The Hotel is 100 metres from the airport exit but you will still run the gauntlet of smiling assistants who want your change but all friendly. It's a nice place, very well equipped but a little tight for room. My only reason for not scoring higher is the price but that's what you will need to pay for the convenience.......

Enjoy....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin T
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Kevin T

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Have always been wary and cautious of "Transit Hotels" well fear no more the token non smoking room where they merely spray the room and move the ashtrays out, here is a hotel that not only gives you a non smoking , but also treats you as if you are a long stay guest.
We had the pleasure of meeting the G.M. Samantha , top professional who personally assisted us to enjoy our layover ( due to cancelled flights , bad weather).
It is evident the team follow her lead of excellence and oblige with top friendly and good service. Check in was a breeze with Precious , a charming and courteous front desk operative , assisted us to contact airlines , agents , ongoing bookings etc.
Well done top draw , will make it my booking next trip.

Room Tip: Any non smoking
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to stop on your way through to Africa after a long flight from Sydney. What makes it fantastic for us is you literally walk from your luggage across the road which takes 2 minutes. It has great security which is a priority in this town to us when passing through. Very relaxing and room was tidy and comfortable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear WendyOkane
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.