After a diverted flight that caused us to miss our connection in Johannesburg, we were greeted at the Intercontinental at the Airport with a generous welcome by Tshepo and Lebo at Reception. This was perhaps the best Intercontinental Hotel we have stayed in for many years. We were invited to a reception for guests where we met the wonderful Head Chef, Yoshan Naidu, who provided delicious samples of what is available in his restaurant hotel. We sampled the house pinotage and enjoyed conversations with other guests and the General Manager, Samantha Clingham, who was extremely welcoming. Unlike other Airport hotels, our room offered luxurious finishing inclusions, including a decanter of port. Our dinner was perfectly prepared by the Chef, accommodating our allergies. Vongani attended to us perfectly in the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park