US$152
US$136
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$173
Reviews (1 498)
1 498 results
1 028
1 028
All reviewsquills restaurantnespresso machinetop floorlong flightarrivals hallindoor poolinternational arrivalsexecutive roommain terminaltambo airporthour flightnext morningyour luggagebetween flightsroom servicesouth africaterminal building
125 - 130 of 1 498 reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel understands that the details make a difference. The staff were all very friendly and service was excellent right from check in, everyone seemed genuinely intent on ensuring your stay was the best it could be. The concierge was great, explaining how to use the train to get to Nelson Mandela square for dinner and ensured we knew what time the last train returned and made sure to give us the hotel information in case we missed it. The rooms are tastefully decorated and equipped with a nespresso machine and a few small snacks which was perfect to catch our morning flight out. Beautiful bathrooms with large tub and spacious shower, all impeccably clean and a very comfortable bed. We made use of the gym which was large for a hotel gym and overlooked the airport. The newspaper on the door early morning as well as the world news printed out daily by the pool area were all little touches that made this place stand out. With turndown service there is a small card that tells you the weather for the next day and the best part is the ability to use USB for charging instead of worrying about having converters for electronics. You also can't beat the location walking right into the airport in the morning was so convenient. Will stay again next time we come through Tambo!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Jhill1984
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property and for recognising the professional and memorable service that you received, it is warming to know that my team have made your stay successful and memorable. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

After a 14 hr flight the relief to have this great hotel 5 min walk from customs was heaven. The rooms are beautiful and well kept and the bar and restaurant are fantastic. There was a wonderful young man that needs a call out for fantastic customer service. His name was MONDII.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear MarkymarkSydney
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property and for recognising the professional and memorable service that you received from Mondli, it is warming to know that my team have made you stay both a success as well as memorable. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

On our way back from Phalaborwah Limpopo SA this Intercontinental hotel right next door to the airport terminals proved to be a God send. A short stroll from arrivals one is greeted by a tall major domo who took us in.
This hotel chain aspires to the pursuit of excellence so one is assured of best efforts.
We were not disappointed. Our room was spacious and everything worked. My need for a powerful shower was assuaged.
Even the soaps and creams were beautifully chosen.
There is a special button on the phone for immediate response on any topic and a live person who ensures prompt service.
Again the cot service for our wee bairn was excellent.
Food was scrummy in room service and in the restaurant
The bed was very comfortable allowing my wife and I to have a deliciously peaceful night.
The ability to have friends visit and drop their cars off temporarily without hassle was a boon. A very good meet and greet area below. Parking is airport based so they do not have their own. A slight downside.
Breakfast was excellent with attention to detail. So many hotels today still don't provide soya milk. This one did.
Service was good but the Maitresse D' a bit distant.
All in all though quite expensive the value for money is very good and this Interconti comes highly recommended

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew M
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Andrew M
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

While I'm sure there are less expensive airport hotels, we loved the fact the hotel was about a one minute walk from the arrivals hall. It could not be easier to check in at this hotel. We stayed here when we arrived at Johannesburg from the west coast of the United States - a long haul! Despite the long plane trip we wanted to do a day tour and the hotel had a room ready for us for an early check in. When we departed, the hotel arranged for us ti have our room available through the early afternoon. Very accommodating both when we arrived and when we departed!

Our room included breakfast and it was wonderful. A vast array of options plus a cooked to order entree. We also had dinner twice at the hotel and both times it was very good.

Our room was great. Super clean and comfortable.

We will definitely be returning to southern Africa as we loved our safari experiences in Botswana and South Africa and we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Jann01

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Going across to London on business related matters is made easy by the stopover at ORT International Airport. The SAA flight up on the Airbus was great the landing perfect and it was not long afterwards that I could get some nice crispy vegg comestibles although there was hot food at the Bidvest Long which I was fortunate to be able to visit. Its not often I pass through JHB to Europe but still I come to this airport several times a year and its spotless friendly and efficient. In my view its world class ...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear drpaulfoodlover
Thank you for the recent review - I will however forward your review to the Airports Company of South Africa.
Regards