Reviews (1 576)
1 576 results
1 086
1 086
All reviews quills restaurant nespresso machine top floor long flight international arrivals arrivals hall executive room main terminal tambo airport next morning hour flight your luggage between flights room service south africa baggage claim excellent hotel
196 - 201 of 1 576 reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2017

While I'm sure there are less expensive airport hotels, we loved the fact the hotel was about a one minute walk from the arrivals hall. It could not be easier to check in at this hotel. We stayed here when we arrived at Johannesburg from the west coast of the United States - a long haul! Despite the long plane trip we wanted to do a day tour and the hotel had a room ready for us for an early check in. When we departed, the hotel arranged for us ti have our room available through the early afternoon. Very accommodating both when we arrived and when we departed!

Our room included breakfast and it was wonderful. A vast array of options plus a cooked to order entree. We also had dinner twice at the hotel and both times it was very good.

Our room was great. Super clean and comfortable.

We will definitely be returning to southern Africa as we loved our safari experiences in Botswana and South Africa and we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Jann01
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Going across to London on business related matters is made easy by the stopover at ORT International Airport. The SAA flight up on the Airbus was great the landing perfect and it was not long afterwards that I could get some nice crispy vegg comestibles although there was hot food at the Bidvest Long which I was fortunate to be able to visit. Its not often I pass through JHB to Europe but still I come to this airport several times a year and its spotless friendly and efficient. In my view its world class ...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear drpaulfoodlover
Thank you for the recent review - I will however forward your review to the Airports Company of South Africa.
Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My Tips:
- best hotel to stay at if transiting at the airport. Just walk out of the doors (do NOT go to the basement) and its right in front of you
- typical Intercontinental standard - between a 4 and a 5 star hotel
- rooms are quiet despite being next to the airport
- great showers
- had a really good night's sleep in the comfy bed
- try to get breakfast included when you book - its $240 otherwise for the full buffet, $210 for a continental buffet, and $100-$150 for a hot egg dish a la carte
- dinner is not bad, although service was a bit slow and the food was decent, not spectacular. Prices were around $200-$400 per main dish, $100-$200 for starters
- download the IHG app. You will get an offer during check-in. I received a "free starter when you purchase a main for dinner" which made the meal a very good value.
- good reliable fast wifi in rooms

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Dahokolomok
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. All our prices are in our local currency South African Rands and not in Dollars. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Arriving late into JNB the Interconti offers a reasonable hotel right at the arrival gate for a nights rest before venturing out onto the traffic and driving standards of Gauteng. Not cheap but very quiet and good service. We used no other facilities than the bedroom so cannot comment, but the staff were friendly and efficient and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Clive T

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We had a short business trip to Johannesburg and wanted to stay close to the airport for logistics matters. InterContinental Joburg is a great option. Obviously you have no view but the rooms are nice and have everything for your comfort. They have really good breakfast and the lunch we had was testy.

I didn't check the prices with other Joburg hotels but they have a quite high price level compared to the European Airport Hotel range.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Aybike S