On our way back from Phalaborwah Limpopo SA this Intercontinental hotel right next door to the airport terminals proved to be a God send. A short stroll from arrivals one is greeted by a tall major domo who took us in.
This hotel chain aspires to the pursuit of excellence so one is assured of best efforts.
We were not disappointed. Our room was spacious and everything worked. My need for a powerful shower was assuaged.
Even the soaps and creams were beautifully chosen.
There is a special button on the phone for immediate response on any topic and a live person who ensures prompt service.
Again the cot service for our wee bairn was excellent.
Food was scrummy in room service and in the restaurant
The bed was very comfortable allowing my wife and I to have a deliciously peaceful night.
The ability to have friends visit and drop their cars off temporarily without hassle was a boon. A very good meet and greet area below. Parking is airport based so they do not have their own. A slight downside.
Breakfast was excellent with attention to detail. So many hotels today still don't provide soya milk. This one did.
Service was good but the Maitresse D' a bit distant.
All in all though quite expensive the value for money is very good and this Interconti comes highly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park