Reviews (1 535)
1 535 results
1 057
1 057
All reviewsquills restaurantnespresso machinetop floorlong flightinternational arrivalsarrivals hallexecutive roommain terminaltambo airportnext morninghour flightyour luggagesouth africaroom servicebetween flightsbaggage claimterminal building
173 - 178 of 1 535 reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Airport hotels in most cities in the world leave a bit to be desired. The Intercontinental hotel at Johannesburg airport is a pleasant exception to that rule. It's a 5-star hotel extremely conveniently located next to the airport (3min walk). We arrived in the evening and left first thing in the morning so didn't sample the restaurant but we did sit near the bar for a drink before retiring for the night. The art installation suspended from the restaurant area ceiling, made of porcupine needles, was impressive and mesmerizing. The room lived up to it's 5-star rating. We enjoyed a very quiet and comfortable nights sleep and enjoyed our complementary nespresso coffee in the morning as we got ready to set off. The view from the window looked on to a car park, but that's to be expected given the hotel location. The convenience of us walking out of the hotel and straight into the airport to check into our early morning flight was priceless. If you have a connecting flight in Johannesburg you must certainly consider recharging your batteries at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear GreekJo
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our elegantly appointed rooms where we focused on comfort and quality and all of the offerings and services our property offers. Thank you for taking the time to recommend my property and for the lengthy review on my property. Thank you once again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The hotel is very nicely decorated, we appreciated the ostrich egg and porcupine quill decorations in the restaurant. The check-in staff was friendly and upgraded us as a frequent traveler. Bellman service was good, and he knew the airport luggage storage was open 24x7. Room was higher up; clean and very quiet, and spacious with a seating area in the curved windows. But the room as very dark. No lights over the bed, making it hard to see in your luggage.

We were late for a full meal, so we opted for a salad at the restaurant. Our waiter (Simon R) was very unimpressive. He was obviously unhappy we didn't want a full meal. We said we would split a salad, as they are often very large. He did not tell us the salad was tiny, and by the time it came after a lengthy wait we didn't want to ask for another. Our beers came only after asking 2x for them, and then more waiting; our salad was long gone. In retrospect we should have eaten at the bar.

Fortunately breakfast service was much better. Our waiter, Cello, apologized that the coffee was not prompt, and he efficiently brought our eggs and the bill when we asked.

Recommend he property due to its convenience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear travel-Ims
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I would like to apologise for the service you received in our Quills Restaurant for dinner, I can assure you that this is not a norm. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

This was our 4th visit here. So convenient, you can walk very quickly from airport arrivals. Manages to be quiet and calm despite its proximity to the airport. Dinner at Quills is always good, charming staff. Breakfast is very good quality too. Very nice rooms with everything you could possibly want for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SCarreira, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Llewellynroger
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This morning we set a record I can't envisage us ever beating. From leaving our room, to storing a bag at left luggage in the airport, checking in for our flight to Hoedspruit and returning to enjoy a decent breakfast in Quills, was <20 minutes. Best that!

It's super conveniently situated next to OR Tambo. Staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel is modern, spacious, clean and efficient. Dining (reported on separately) was good. The 8th floor pool, though petite, was unique. I have never been able to have a dip and simultaneously watch planes taking off and landing before. Fun, if you're an aviatophile like me. Well worth stopping over here and avoiding a monotonous schlep into and out of Jozi.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Munrosaxman

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we had to catch a very early flight.
It was awesome! Really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are spacious & comfortable. Staff are friendly & helpful when you're unsure about anything.
Will definitely stay over when we have an early flight again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple