Stayed for one night last week as we arrived late in Johannesburg and had an early morning flight out the next day. This hotel was the perfect option for such a situation. Located just steps from the international terminal. A porter will also meet you to help with luggage. Very friendly staff. We were a family of 4 so had interleading (connecting) rooms. One executive room and one standard room. The rooms looked recently refurbished- they were both beautifully decorated. The shower had the best water pressure- even the kids enjoyed an extra long shower! The rooms each had a Nespresso machine with light snacks to accompany it. Nice touch. Pool was also a great amenity. It's an indoor pool on the roof - supposedly heated but it seemed cold to me. Kids loved it. Breakfast was also excellent. Buffet included everything you would want plus a whole lot of extra goodies. Delicious!
When connecting through Johannesburg- look no further. This hotel and the friendly staff do not disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park