Reviews (1 554)
1 554 results
1 073
1 073
All reviews quills restaurant nespresso machine top floor long flight international arrivals arrivals hall executive room main terminal tambo airport next morning hour flight your luggage south africa room service between flights baggage claim terminal building
203 - 208 of 1 554 reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Can recommend this hotel for anyone transitibg thru Johannesburg overnight. Lovely clean rooms, if a little small. Very comfortable bed, nice food, great service from all tbe staff who make one feel very welcome.
Extremely convenient for tbe airport, and an easy walk with a trolley-friendly walkway.
My second stay here, and for sure my preferred airport hotel.
Well done InterContinental.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Sónia C, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Peter L
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Ideally located for a stopover. The rooms are lovely and spacious. We had dinner in their restaurant where the food was very good but when it came to the wine list, the lower priced wines that we chose were all out of stock with us being told that they hold a limited supply of all wines. All rather odd for a large hotel within a large hotel group.
Everyone was very friendly around the hotel. When we needed to leave our safe batteries had died and I was very impressed at the speed in which this was sorted.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear MV1961
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our elegantly appointed rooms that have full amenity offering in the rooms. Thank you for raising the wine availability concern, I have raised this with our Food and Beverage manager as we continuously monitor these items to ensure availability at all times. I truly appreciate you recommending my property and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

If this hotel was in a central city location it wouldn't be this price. The room is large, but not huge and when you compare the food/drink prices to other places all over South Africa it is pricey... but what you do get is the convenience of grabbing your bags, walking out the airport door and being able to see the entrance to this hotel across the other side of the road. No taxi's, no traffic, no paying for transfers etc, its literally a 40 second walk from the main door of the airport to reception.
If you stay in Johannesburg is short or you need a quick rest between flights this hotel is perfectly located... in our case we landed at 6pm and flew out the next morning first thing so a good bed and rest left us ready to hit the ground running the next day.

The staff were friendly and as mentioned above, the room had everything you'd expect so I couldn't fault anything about the facilities. The meal we had downstairs was also good.
Oh, and I did not hear a single plane take off / land the entire night so anyone worrying about airplane noise need not worry.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sónia C, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear steveb2170
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback following from your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I could not agree with you more with regards to the convenience of the hotels location being only 68.7 meters away from the International Arrivals hall, which really makes your on route transit stop over hassle free and very convenient after a long haul flight. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the comforts of our newly refurbished room. As an airport hotel we also operate our restaurant and in room dining around the clock and I am happy to read that you enjoyed the service and offering from our in room dining. I trust that when on route back into South Africa we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This is our fourth stay at Intercontinental OR Tambo Airport Hotel. It has been an excellent stopover for flights from JNB. It is convenient, comfortable, quiet, and very professional. The restaurant has good fare, and is efficient and well-staffed. It is a welcome break from long travel days and feels quite like home between flights.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear hbbpc

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Flew in very early from Middle East; staff were able to check us in early. 50-m walk from baggage claim. Super clean room with attention to detail, big bathroom, absolutely no noise from airport. Small but well-equipped gym and pool were appreciated after long flight. Kid friendly; we traveled with our 6-year-old, and she was made to feel welcome, even in restaurant. Restaurant (Quills) was good, but we prefer the old South African-centric menu. No better place for a stopover.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family