Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$170
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Reviews (1 238)
1 238 results
All reviews club floor emperors palace five star hotel close to the airport food court free shuttle an overnight stay shuttle service casino johannesburg africa porter flight
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 238 reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2021

My family and I stayed at the D'oreale for one night in a family room.

We absolutely loved the entire stay, and made good use of our time at the Palace of Dreams.

My youngest even went as far as saying that this was the best weekend of his whole life.

We enjoyed the hotel, and must commend the D'oreal on their amazing service, from the moment we arrived until our departure the staff was always there, ready, and willing to help - with smiles on their faces - thank you.

We made full use of the pool bar service during the day, and an incredible three-course meal for us all at Tribes.

The boys especially enjoyed the funfair.

All-in-all, a great stay for the entire family.

So, thank you once again. It was a much-needed mini-break, and we hope to see you again soon!

Date of stay: April 2021
Peermont Global, General Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Thank you for your feedback.
We glad you had a wonderful experience.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here before and we had a great time and when returning after several years, especially in a COVID world, I was nervous it wouldn’t be the same but my fears were soon dispelled. We had a fabulous time and everything was on point. We felt safe, the room was as a 5 star hotel room should be and the extra touches for valentines weekend was top drawer. The staff were very courteous and we felt welcome from the moment the doorman walked into the car park to greet us and assist us with luggage. Check in and out was painless and the breakfast, although understandably took a little longer than usual due to health protocols, was excellent with attentive service to match. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NauticalVoyager
Peermont Global, General Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you for the great rating and the excellent feedback.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable and stress free time with us.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2021

I recently visited a friend staying at this hotel and the service was sub par at best. From a doorman/security guard who did not greet to an unhelpful "manager", this establishment gets a resounding 3/10 from me.

My friend was from out of town, and trying to get them dinner was damn near impossible for absolutely NO FEASABLE REASON. In a time where hospitality businesses should be meeting and exceeding guest expectations in order to generate the little business they can, you'd think the staff were trained to do an amazing job. NOT HERE.

Covid restrictions meant that in room dining was unavailable. So the various restaurants closing at different times, the scramble to get dinner before 18h30 ensued. Had it not been for Dimakatso, my friend would not have eaten. In the time she'd gone on lunch, I unfortunately had to deal with Thato and Mercy (a supposed duty manager) who were very unhelpful and Mercy particularly rude and refused to assist.

The ONLY asset that hotel had that night is Dimakatso, who went above and beyond (as expected in a supposed 5* establishment). Thato and Mercy were absolutely horrendous and know nothing about customer service priciples. They lack basic training.

What the staff need to realize is that the guest IS your job. You are there to provide a seamless experience, point blank period. No excuses.

If you are pedantic on service and are a frequent hotel guest of true 5* hotels, I would not recommend this establishment. This is a 3* at best, with fancier trimmings.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mbali1408
Peermont Global, General Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2021

Dear Mbali,

Thank you for allowing me the time yesterday to address your concerns raised and as well as the opportunity to share ideas; as well as networking opportunities for the future.
Once again, I am sorry that we disappointed you and dropped the ball; rest assured this is not the level of service that we pride ourselves on.

I must once again echo that feedback like so, no General Manager likes to receive and that the relevant persons have been addressed.
You have my commitment that in these days more time in training them will be spent to ensure that we provide you and our guests with nothing but 5 star service.

Thank you once again for highlighting Dimakatso to me; I couldn't agree more with you that her out the box thinking; in going the extra mile to assist you, certainly does make her a superhero ! I will indeed make mention of this to her.

I live by the firm belief that "We are ladies and gentleman, serving ladies and gentleman"; in the coming days I am sure that you will see more of the team echo that sentiment.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to meeting with you in the upcoming week.

Stay Safe !

General Manager Hospitality

Reviewed 31 October 2020

I dont recommend this hotel at all. Checked in and had to take my luggage to the room on my own. Waited over an hour to be seated for breakfast. Half an hour for someone to take our order. Front desk said they cant do anything. Very understaffed hotel and no managers in site. No assistance and people just shouting as they are waiting for their food. Beautiful hotel but just poorly managed.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank riteshmahan
Khomotso Sebata, Guest Services / Front Office at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Dear Mr Mahan

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that Avischal Jugdeo was able to make contact with you and discuss further your concerns raised.

Your comments have been shared with the necessary team members and the necessary persons have been taken to task and will be disciplined accordingly for the lack of adhering to policy and procedures.

We will communicate further via email as we hope to have you and your family back.

Take care and stay safe.

Kind regards

Rebecca Mpofu

Reviewed 2 September 2020 via mobile

I booked with this Hotel on line more than a week in advance, requesting specifically a Room not facing the Parking Area as well as the Freeway, due to the noise factor, which I’ve experienced on previous stays.

Upon checking in I enquired about the location of our Room, only to be informed that it faces the Freeway. After some time passing we were eventually were given a Room facing the Garden, perfect!

At this point I now question whether the Reservations Department do not read the online booking requests properly, in order to avoid delays and more especially FRUSTRATION at check in.

Upon arriving at our Room there was a terrible smell coming from the bathroom, only to find a toilet that was and flushed and couldn’t flush.
I reported this to reception who then changed our Room, to guess, closer to the Freeway.

Even though this was an upgrade, it was found that the Room was not properly vacuumed, as candy papers were lying on the floor.

The bathrooms’ bath was not cleaned, as their were still strands of hair in it as well as “a ring” around it. DISGUSTING!!!!

The guest toilet did not have either hand towels nor hand soap.
PATHETIC!!!!!

Considering that we are still in a “lockdown” situation with not many guests visiting the Hotel, how does Management allow for service to slip to this level when there is no pressure? POOR! VERY POOR!!!!

Will I recommend this Establishment?

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank johannj618
Peermont Global, General Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2020

Thank you for reaching out and for advising with regards to your experience with us.
We pride ourselves on exceptional service levels and feedback as such disappoints me; especially in times like so that we are facing; where standards are of utmost importance.

Please will you reach out to me to discuss further. I can be contacted on RBothma@peermont.com.

Take care and stay safe.