Lowest prices for your stay
US$86
Reviews (1 842)
1 842 results
1 182
1 182
All reviews close to the airport guest house one night other guests an oasis airport pickup next morning nice pool place to stay swimming pool buffet dinner jo burg home away from home short stay south africa overnight stay between flights
Selected filters
7 - 12 of 1 842 reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Don’t bother looking further! Book here! We have stayed in a number of hotels around OR Tambo Airport (Johannesburg) and this was by far the best. This beautiful guesthouse offers 5 star service. It’s extremely comfy and has well equipped facilities at less than half the price ! Excellent value for money, friendly and professional staff who go above and beyond, the service was excellent. The family room turned out to be a stunning 2 bedroom apartment, the beds were comfortable and there is a double shower. (2 people can shower together each under their own spray but in the same shower) which was super. There is a lovely restaurant servicing delicious food, a well stocked bar, a lovely swimming pool for warm weather, a garden for the kids to play in and a well-equipped gym to workout. The internet was reliable - the wifi was nice and fast despite our multiple devices. We loved staying here and will be back for sure, next time we’ll come up a day or 2 earlier so we can enjoy it for longer before we fly on. It’s close to the airport, and the shuttle was amazing, big and comfy and arrived within 10 minutes of my call. We barely had time to get to the meeting spot,. Everything was perfect, this is authentic South African hospitality at it’s best.

Room tip: Enjoy the well stocked curio shop, perfect place to buy a south African themed gift to take with you.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We recently stayed at this wonderful property at the beginning and end of our family vacation in Southern Africa. This lovely place is about five minutes from OR Tambo International Airport and they provide free, punctual pick up and drop off service.

The staff could not be more helpful, catering to all your needs. They serve a fine breakfast with a plentiful selection and cooked to order eggs. They also have an on-site restaurant and bar serving dinner for their guests. Additionally, the front desk will assist in meal delivery from a number of nearby restaurants.

Our rooms were quite nice with all the necessary amenities and comfortable beds. The complimentary Wi-Fi was fast and the television offered numerous international channels including many in English.

We will certainly stay here again if our travels bring us back to Johannesburg.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2021

We booked Sunrock as it was close to the airport and we had an early morning flight to catch, so we didn't have super high expectations but this turned out the be the PERFECT hotel for us. The hosts could not have been more accommodating, the room was great and met all needs as we crashed for the night. The morning after we had an awesome breakfast before the owners drove us to the airport to catch our flight. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone, whether they are just passing through or they have an extended stay in Johannesburg. Great place, great hosts!

Reviewed 26 June 2021

I can't even explain how helpful Jennifer (manager) was during my stay! I had issues with my flight and she helped me handle it, even helped with the Covid testing and everything like that!

First, I arrived at 4am so I immediately had an early check in. I emailed Jennifer (on their website) in advance and she said it was no problem to pick me up at the airport that early and I wouldn't be charged extra for the extra hours prior to checking in. She gave me her phone number to use via whatsapp and it was so easy.

I came from the US so was completely exhausted. She even told us we could partake in the breakfast (for an additional fee) because we arrived early. I had to go back to the airport to figure out flight issues and Jennifer graciously drove me there and back (for an additional fee).

The hotel itself was fine! No issues at all! The bed was comfy, I took a bath which was lovely, the food was wonderful and we bought dinner as well. The shower could use an upgrade but thats no big deal. It was so tall that the hot water felt not-as-hot by the time it hit my body. Probably another winter thing.

Jennifer had Travac come to do my covid test for me for my flight the next day which was 750 rand (cheap) and I was able to get the results printed from her before I left.

We played billiards, had some drinks, and would've gone into the pool had it been warm (May = winter). I suggest this spot 100% for those on a budget and needing some local flair! Oh and their curio shop had some wonderful items!

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 May 2021

I put location as excellent as it suited me for business and for international tourists for a layover at the airport it is perfect. Dont expect to be able to leave the property and go for a walk, not that type of area, however once you enter the property you soon forget you are in the city centre and more like on a game farm. They have really done a lot to make you feel you are on holiday. The photos you see are what you get in real life. I plan to have our conference there instead of driving miles to other places.

Date of stay: May 2021