Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Salem
Johannesburg, South Africa

Not bad

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2024via mobile
Clean room, cozy bed
Need to update the tv
And furniture a bit old fashioned but some like that
The price is not bad
Area is a safer than it’s seems just keep to yourself and try to order in
But you can get a whole air bnb for the price
Oh and the shower was great
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 06 Jun 2024
Good Day

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated

Kind Regards
    R 2 017
  • eDreams
4.4 km from City Lodge Newtown, Johannesburg
View more hotels in Johannesburg
All reviews junction mall place to stay newton security uber accommodation africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2024

The reception personnel was not helpful as usual ,we were not made aware of the electricity problem when we booked,we would have been able to choose to stay or go somewhere else,we also ordered food and the order did not come as we instructed,we called nandos and they were returned with our order

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Simo Mthimkulu, General Manager at City Lodge Newtown, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2024

Good Day Fearless

Thank you for the feedback. May you please share your details to my email address clnewtown.gm@clhg.com, if you may share your name and surname used to book in order for me to investigate further.

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I will rectify this matter. Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 March 2024

The customer service us excellent...from the reception right through the whole stay. The rooms are comfortable and clean. They have hot and cold breakfast options. No room service though! The snack restaurant serves great meals. We'll worth a visit if you are looking for budget friendly accommodation in the heart of the city!

Room tip: There is a shopping mall with food and shops options next door so be sure to ask.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Simo Mthimkulu, General Manager at City Lodge Newtown, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2024

Good Day

Thank you so much for your time taken to complete the survey. We really appreciate the feedback. I will ensure they are shared amongst the team. We are looking forward having you again. Kind Regards Simo Mthimkulu General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2024

The entire stuff was friendly from the reception, house keeping and the stuff at the cafeteria. The room was immaculate clean, the bedding was pure white as if it was new. The towels, mirrors as well were super clean. Cleanliness and friendliness from the stuff is what welcomes you at City Lodge. The pool as well was clean. The view gives you a great look of the city at an affordable price. Lastly, the location is convenient for your shopping as the shopping mall is proximate to the hotel at approximately 5 minutes walk.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Simo Mthimkulu, General Manager at City Lodge Newtown, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2024

Good day - Thank you kindly for completing the survey its highly appreciated. I will share with the team all the positive complements you mentioned about the people and the property. Thank you and stay blessed, we can't wait to host you again, Kind Regards Simo Mthimkulu General Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2024

CLG is now my preferred hotel of choice in the cities. The one in Newtown far surpassed my expectations. I expected noise, the hustle and bustle of the city, but on the contrary, the place was clean, peaceful, safe, and comfortable with top service from the staff. I didn't feel like I was in a hotel, as the place felt so comfortable and welcoming. On Valentines Day we received gifts.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Good Day

We have ran out of words appreciating what you have just said. It is such comments that makes us wake up and look forward to going do it again and again. This is why we do this job. This is fulfilling. My team and I will be looking forward having you again and again. Kind Regards Simo Mthimkulu General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2024

The food is great! The staff was amazing! And the view from my room was beautiful. I was assisted with all my needs. It’s next to the mall so it’s easy for me to do my shopping and all. The place is safe and a great area. I will definitely come back here again.

Room tip: There’s no buffet for dinner, only breakfast is buffet
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good Day

It is such a pleasure going through such motivating comments. We would love to host you again and appreciate time taken to complete the survey. I will share with the team. Kind Regards Simo Mthimkulu General Manager