All reviews lal qila the hotel offers buffet breakfast world class jacuzzi gym branding tv
Reviewed 22 June 2018

i would not recommend this hotel to anyone not a nice hotel at all breakfast was horrible front stuff cant understand English lucky it was just two night stay,they was hosting a weeding there that weekend was really loud ,industrial area all around .

Room Tip: look for location wise and a clean hotel
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Rooms are comfortable,clean and neat. Kids enjoyed the time spent here. Beautiful, heated indoor pool with jacuzzi provided some entertainment.

This venue is fully halaal, bathrooms are comfortable but require some maintenance. Towels are clean but could be fluffier.

Meals are catered for at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel. They provide a full buffet menu of the finest, traditional Pakistani cuisine. Food is great and they have a large, I mean large variety of dishes. Breakfast also at the same place. And who wouldn’t mind some curry for breakfast!!! Although we could have been provided with a wider variety of baked goods. Their selection of these were minuscule.

Staff are extremely hospitable and accommodating. Prices are reasonable. I couldn’t believe how busy the restaurant was in the evening. The place was buzzing and the atmosphere was great.

I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to Jhb for a one or two nighter and have special halaal dietary requirements.

The property also boasts a large wedding venue which as we had been told, could cater for up to 1000 guests. There was a wedding taking place when we were the there and the decor was gorgeous.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2017

After an unimpressive start to the stay, with booking mixups on arrival day, the place and people have grown on us.

Enjoying the relaxed vibe, Indian cuisine, gym and eager staff.

Cherry on top is that they're upgrading us to a deluxe room to make up for the initial stress.

Nice open spaces and lounges to chill out. Delicious Lal Qila Indian buffet brekkies. High speed WiFi. Pool & jacuzzi. Enough activities to keep the family occupied.

Look, it may not be the most posh hotel in JHB, but at the price point... It's great value for money.

Room Tip: Carry extra 2-pin plug adapters. Ask for extra towels. Get to know the locals and you'll get the extra touch
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Zakaria D
Reviewed 8 November 2017

So this is a bit like a budget hotel and it's never going to set the world on fire but if there's one thing that stands out above all else and makes me look kindly towards it, it was the bright, radiant smile I received walking in to the breakfast room every morning.
I had no idea that one person could radiate so much warmth, happiness and exuberance in one smile but she did - this little slender waiter who I truly missed when she took a day off!
Everything else sort of pales into insignificance about my stay at the hotel, it sort of did the job in an unremarkable way. Security and hotel parking was good, the cleaning service was fine and the bath towels were plentiful and large.
The restaurant was dark, dingy and the breakfast bar did not look appetising to my European palate. However I did have some food at an outside event in a function room at the hotel and the menu was spectacular, colourful, tasty and enticing and I think it was done in house.
However, the owners can not expect to survive on the smile of one employee. I may return in the new Year and if I do I'd certainly like to see the breakfast room revamped and brightened up - it's too dark and dingy.
The TV was slightly confusing, it would be good to have a TV menu so you can see at a glance what's available. And on the subject of menus, wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure there's one freely available in the room? Mine didn't have one and the rather unhelpful receptionist didn't want to go through the menu, to be fair they may have been busy with something else.

Room Tip: If you've got lots of electronic gadgetry make sure you take some adapter plugs with you as there is a shortage of available sockets
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2017

In one line this hotel is right if you want to dump your bags and head off for the day.
Its quite harsh to judge right now, as there are some renovations being done, but here goes.

Being of 4 start grading, one would expect a bit more panache in how this establishment is run, however I don't feel that way. I'll start with the good points.
the rooms are very comfortable, and the bathrooms very neat and clean.
The breakfast is not world class, but from an indian culinary point of view
, its stunning. You can eat to your hearts content and be satisfied for most of the day.

The pool area, jacuzzi and gym are also well looked after and almost secluded for the most part - however there are always staff looking after you.

Now for the downside. The staff at the front desk are always able to accommodate you (I had an issue with my credit Card, they waited till Monday and allowed me to stay until i sorted it out), however the cleaning staff is most unwelcome. They will snicker at you at every request, especially if you are not ready for your room to be cleaned. The aircon in the room did not work at all and on request, they told us it should clear up in 10 minutes, but did not.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the lower floors
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family