“Tasty tapas and awesome Gins!!”
Review of Workshop 55

Workshop 55
Ranked #71 of 1 390 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I came here for date night dinner with my husband. There was a nice vibe. We told out waiter it was our first time and we let him recommend what to try. They serve their food dishes tapas style at R210 per person for 3 dishes. We felt like meat, he recommended the beef, lamb ravioli and smoked pork. All dishes were tasty and the beef was our favourite. We share the 3 tapas and were full, we did not get a second round.
We also shared a dessert platter which was R150 with 3 different desserts which were all yummy.
Now the Gins made our evening. I am not a gin person, I prefer Vodka but i was open to try out new things. The waiter recommended gins with rose lemonade for me as a mixer which he paired with our meals and they were absolutely amazing!!
I am now sold for gin as a drink of choice. The gin and whisky menu has numerous options but not on the cheap side.
Overall great experience and we will be coming back;)

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Once again, Workshop 55 pulled out all the stops and hosted a fabulous valentines day dinner. They still conjure up the most ingenius gin & tonics infused with anything from sour berries and grapefruit to blueberries and basil. Their gin selection is also one if the best in town. The food is a foodie's dream and always very adequate. A real treat! For valentines day they had a live singer and trumpet player which topped a perfect evening off!!!!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Started off the evening in the bar area, which is a great space, exotically decorated. Waiters knowledgeable on gins and offered us nice combinations (infused with herbs and fruits) (not cheap but great to get the evening started (they had hired a singer and trumpet player which was a lovely touch). The food on this occasion was a set menu but was excellent. Smoked tuna and fillet dishes were my favourite but all food was high quality. We even got a free bottle of wine, so all in all great value and a Perfect Valentines dinner. Will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This time I went determined to try the gin (which I am not a fan of). The waiter sold me on a Japanese pear-infused gin with elder flower tonic, which was so refreshing. At R150 it should have been! The variety of gins is really amazing, and they are made special through the infusions of fruit and botanicals they prepare for you. The 3 plates of tapas were completely filling - could not even look at the desert menu.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

A nice selection of food with good insight given by both the chef and waiters, a good selection of wine and champagnes / MCC