Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews craighall park home away from home attention to detail guest house shops and restaurants guesthouse rusks accommodation garden heating rosebank tranquil
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2023

My husband was newly out of surgery at Milpark Hospital and the care and attention we got from Liz and her staff was excellent. Would definitely recommend Liz at Lancaster for after hospital care. Rooms were large and comfortable and breakfast was excellent. Good areas with shops and restaurant close by. Wonderful stay!

Room tip: All the rooms are great with facilities for self catering as well.
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Liz Delmont, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2024

Dear SW-IL-on-holiday
I got notification of a recent Tripadvisor review and went in to respond and saw your review. I am so sorry that I did not see it before. I don't know what happened that it slipped between the cracks. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to give us feedback on your stay here at Liz at Lancaster. We are just so pleased that we could accommodate you and that through the roller-coaster of slow recovery you had a peaceful haven with people to call on when you needed. You really needed all the support you could get as it was such a tough time for you both,
I hope your husband is well on his way to full recovery and that when you return for his check-ups, you will come and stay again, And we will see him restored to full health.
Best from all at Liz at Lancaster: Liz, Mr T, Catherine and Thandie

Reviewed 19 June 2023

Liz, the hostess, was wonderful and accommodating. The rooms are cozy, with all the amenities of home. The additional heating services (warm water bottle, heater, electric blanket) were fantastic. Breakfast is also available, with a choice of alternatives.

Date of stay: June 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I feel so bad ptmahlalela for only now responding to you review. I don't know what happened that it fell through the cracks as I always responf immediately. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly enjoyed hosting you both. I remember how you loved the hot water bottles!! I hope you will come back and stay again. Take care
Best
Liz and all the team at Liz at Lancaster: Mr T, Thandie and Catherine

Reviewed 9 December 2022

We stayed at Liz at Lancaster for a 12 day period during which I was recuperating from a medical procedure.

Liz's attention to detail is everywhere., from the manicured gardens to her delicious homemade rusks, We really felt pampered.

If you're looking for a quiet and relaxing accommodation, tucked away in Craighall Park, and a stone's throw away from the Hyde Park and Rosebank shopping centres, you cannot do better than this.

This was our second visit to Liz at Lancaster. And it was equally as pleasant as our first.

Thank you Liz for making our stay a "home away from home".

We're looking forward to our next visit.!!

Room tip: We loved the quiet and privacy of the Yellow Cottage
Date of stay: November 2022
Liz Delmont, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2022

Dear Nathan3051, It was SUCH a pleasure hosting you both again. I'm just so pleased that the separate living space meant that you could work when you needed to while your wife recuperated. And so good that with the wi-fi on a UPS and uninterrupted internet connection your business communications could continue smoothly. You were here the right time weather wise. Johannesburg had a very hectic Monday 5rh Dec. The garden which was looking so beautiful was shredded. But it will come back. And we have had so much rain since then. Take care and hopefully see you again next year.
From all at Liz at Lancaster, Liz, Mr T, Catherine and Thandi

Reviewed 10 September 2022

Liz at Lancaster was fabulous. The room was clean and had absolutely everything we needed for the night we were there. It was particularly nice to have a perfect cup of tea with fresh milk and a delicious homemade rusk in the morning. It was also very conveniently located for shops and restaurants. We had a quick and tasty breakfast in the morning in a very nice breakfast room. The staff were very helpful. Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Liz Delmont, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2022

Dear Cbarto,
Thank you so much for time to give us feedback on your stay here at Liz at Lancaster. We are happy that you enjoyed the rusks and the breakfasts. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
From us all at Liz at Lancaster: Liz, Tagala, Catherine and Thandie

Reviewed 18 July 2022

I recently stayed here for a few days and it was fantastic. The room was spacious, spotless and has everything you need (and more!) The breakfast was great. I'm plant based so breakfast while traveling can be hit or miss. The area is really nice with shops and restaurants all nearby but the best thing about this place is the staff, they will do everything to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and are super friendly. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Liz Delmont, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2022

Dear Intronaut,
I am sorry I missed you when you came to stay but I know that Nicole and the team looked after you really well. I was in daily contact so knew about your awful luggage woes. But Nicole was always following it up and I know kept you informed of the where-abouts or "lost status" of your luggage. What a dampener on a holiday. But I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here.
Best