Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews craighall park home away from home attention to detail guest house shops and restaurants guesthouse rusks accommodation garden heating rosebank tranquil
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2020

I stay at guest houses all over the world and at my previous residence was an Air B&B superhost. So when I arrived at my own suite in the beautiful garden with an enclosed courtyard just for me at Liz at Lancaster, I was more than impressed! So much attention to detail, everything you need, great bed, umbrella in the courtyard for moi the smoker in case of rain ... all at a very reasonable price. Thank you Liz!

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Liz at Lancaster Guest House, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Thank you Tisha G. From somebody who has stayed all over the world AND has been an AirB&B superhost, this is excellent feedback. We are delighted that you found us. And that you had a comfy night's sleep and made use of the private courtyard. We hope to welcome you back again.
Take care and thanks again
Liz and all the team at Liz at Lancaster: Mr T, Catherine and Thandie

Reviewed 25 February 2020

This was a lovely "home from home" guesthouse. Liz and all the staff were very welcoming on our arrival and during our short stay. The room we had was very spacious and clean with a kitchen/dining/lounge area, a large very comfortable bed and a nice little leafy patio area which was great to sit out on an evening and enjoy Liz's house red wine! The breakfasts were excellent and cooked to order. Mr T was a very safe, careful driver on our trips to and from the airport and also for the short journey to Rosebank. Liz has a wealth of information about the area and further afield and this was invaluable to us. Thank you, will see you again in July!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank gillybopz
Liz at Lancaster Guest House, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Thank you Gillybopz for this wonderful feedback of your stay here. We are pleased you were so happy staying here. We get such excellent comments about the service levels, the wonderful privacy, the value for money and how "there is everything that you need". But so many of these comments are made to us and not on TripAdvisor. So thank you for sharing this with everybody. Mr T gave a big appreciative smile when I gave him your feedback.
We certainly look forward to see you in July
From us all at Liz at Lancaster; Liz, Mr T, Catherine and Thandie

Reviewed 25 February 2020

We were fortunate to find Liz at Lancaster Guest House. From the moment I made the reservation until our departure, Liz was helpful. She and her staff are capable, kind and knowledgeable. They made our (too short) stay easy and comfortable. We had a late flight from Johannesburg on the day we departed. Liz made it easy to store our luggage so we could change clothes and reorganize before going to the airport. She provided airport pick-up and drop-off.

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you Road127941. Your stay WAS very short but I'm just so pleased that it all went off well. The things that you mention are what make for a smooth stress-free visit : direct and immediate contact between you as guest and me as establishment owner/manager; safe and hassle free airport collection and drop-off; value-added conveniences like late check-outs and being able to leave luggage safely. These are things that a photo does not show! And are things that are often overlooked when dealing through a third party booking site.
Thank you from all at Liz at Lancaster: Liz, Mr T., Catherine and Thandie

Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

This is our 3rd trip to South Africa with our family and my wife’s parents have stayed here countless times before. We always fly into JoBurg and always stay at Liz at Lancasters. Liz is the most lovely hostess, the staff is beyond kind and we have gotten to know them over the years. They always remember our kids and we reconnect immediately. Secure and comfortable accommodations with lovely breakfast made fresh by Mr. T(agala). Beautiful gardens, weaver birds in the trees, and multiple private residences on the property. Best B&B in the area hands down.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Liz a, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

What a nice way to start the decade of the roaring '20s - to read your review Petermed, of your stay here in October. We have made such wonderful friends and connections over the more than 2 decades Liz at Lancaster has been running, and you and your family are among them. That sense of re-connection is important to us all. We hope it is not too long before you are back again - Mr T's kitchen is already waiting for you with more freshly cooked breakfasts to order. Thank you once again from us all at Liz at Lancaster: Liz, Mr T, Catherine and Thandie

Reviewed 18 November 2019

I arrived at Liz at Lancaster around 6 am, worn out having been on a seriously delayed flight from Europe. Was settled in Earth Room and felt revived after a gloriously hot shower and delicious breakfast, not to mention the warmest welcome from Liz and Katherine. I stayed in Earth Room on my first trip in 2006 and love its easy comfort, tranquillity and being part of the main house. The small courtyard is perfect, whether for a wake up cup of coffee or sundowner. Liz at Lancaster has been home from home in Johannesburg over 14 years and I've stayed in every room at the guesthouse. Each one has its own lovely spirit. The service provided by Liz and her team and the standard of the guesthouse has just been consistently excellent.The location is convenient for seeing my 90 year old mother who stays in a care home in Randberg and for visiting friends in Linden. A late afternoon swim is always refreshing and then being able to watch the birds milling about around the bird feeder is very calming however the day has been. I always feel quite safe in the area and love a walk along the Braamfontein stream in nearby Delta Park. Liz has such a wealth of knowledge about Johannesburg which she loves to share. Thank you Liz at Lancaster!

Date of stay: November 2019
Liz a, Owner at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2019

Dear IngridB24,
I somehow missed your review so apologies for the delayed reply. There are many perks of this business (despite the 24/7 relentlessness of it). And having relationships over so many years with guests like you is one of them. So many guests have become friends and it's such a privilege. I can't quite believe that it was 14 years ago that you first came with your Mum. You clearly had a particularly good visit this time Ingrid - I am so pleased, And you certainly needed a quiet little haven to return to in the evenings.
So look forward to your next visit
From us all at Liz at Lancaster: Liz, Mr T, Catherine and Thandie