Lowest prices for your stay
US$207
SAVE US$245
Expedia.comUS$208
SnaptravelUS$217
Prestigia.comUS$421
All reviews attention to detail lovely property rooms are spacious delicious breakfast oasis luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2020

superb luxury and effortless style in Johannesburg. Friendly staff that goes the extra mile. The Continental Breakfast was deliciously prepared. The rooms are extremely comfortable We loved the outside area and the sparkling pool, Will definitely return.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank PaulFennerSA
10_2ND_Management, Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Thank you for choosing 102ND Avenue Houghton Estate Hotel where we pride ourselves with 5 star service.

Our staff and management are so pleased that enjoyed our breakfast, extremely comfortable rooms and our lovely pool.

We look forward in welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 24 July 2019 via mobile

Wonderful vintage feel of this warm and cozy hotel . Located very well and we had the best hot chocolate and cappuccino here for breakfast .
Staff was very friendly and smiling .

Special thanks to Lucy to make our short stay so warm and wish you all the luck .

Monika

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
10_2ND_Management, General Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Dear Monika

We thank you for the compliment. We pride ourselves in giving our guests a 5 star experience.
Look forward in hosting you soon.

Regards
Lucy Rungasamy

Reviewed 25 January 2019

The Menu promised Ala Carte cuisine.
We were the only 3 people there at 6:30pm. Booked by my wife for my birthday.
The service (from our waiter - Dediere) was decent enough however all the food was served cold (Both starters and main course)
Both my wife and daughter ordered chicken which was overcooked, dry and tough to cut through and chew.
Any chef worth his title need to know how to prepare and serve Beef Fillet, which i requested to be "medium".
This was the toughest beef fillet that I have ever eaten.
Truly disappointing meal especially for the exorbitant price.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
10_2ND_Management, Front Office Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2019

We are really sorry about this. Management will do its best about your Review so that it wouldn’t happen again. We are really SORRY once again.

Reviewed 7 December 2018

My sister booked a table at the restaurant of 10 2nd Avenue Houghton for her Birthday celebration. As I live in UK I could not attend and so rang the restaurant to ask if I could pay for the meal on my credit card as my birthday gift to her

I was eventually passed on to Sadek who advised me that he was the CEO and rudely told me that this was not possible and told his staff to cancel the booking as he did not need people like us at his venue asking for special treatment. This was despite the fact that they often accept credit cards from overseas for hotel bookings.

Clearly this establishment does not value its customers and as a consequence we took our booking for eight people to another restaurant.

There are many great places to eat so I suggest you take this one off the list and hopefully they will learn to treat their customers with respect in future.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Loved staying there. Wanted to stay longer.
Staff are brilliant, Oscar is the best.
Breakfast was delicious.
Amenities are on point.
The spa treatments were the highlight for us.
Would recommend anyone to stay here.
Will be back in future

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Felipe_Costa_10_2ND, General Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

We look forward in welcoming you back again.

Gracious Regards