Priceline
MonikaShah
Bangkok, Thailand

Lovely property

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jul 2019via mobile
Wonderful vintage feel of this warm and cozy hotel . Located very well and we had the best hot chocolate and cappuccino here for breakfast .
Staff was very friendly and smiling .

Special thanks to Lucy to make our short stay so warm and wish you all the luck .

Monika
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
10_2ND_Management, General Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this review
Responded 25 Jul 2019
Dear Monika

We thank you for the compliment. We pride ourselves in giving our guests a 5 star experience.
Look forward in hosting you soon.

Regards
    R 3 274
    R 3 662
3.1 km from 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate
Free parking
Pool and two story room structure
R 1 800
    R 262
    R 421
3.8 km from 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate
View more hotels in Johannesburg
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2019

The Menu promised Ala Carte cuisine.
We were the only 3 people there at 6:30pm. Booked by my wife for my birthday.
The service (from our waiter - Dediere) was decent enough however all the food was served cold (Both starters and main course)
Both my wife and daughter ordered chicken which was overcooked, dry and tough to cut through and chew.
Any chef worth his title need to know how to prepare and serve Beef Fillet, which i requested to be "medium".
This was the toughest beef fillet that I have ever eaten.
Truly disappointing meal especially for the exorbitant price.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
10_2ND_Management, Front Office Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2019

We are really sorry about this. Management will do its best about your Review so that it wouldn’t happen again. We are really SORRY once again.

Reviewed 7 December 2018

My sister booked a table at the restaurant of 10 2nd Avenue Houghton for her Birthday celebration. As I live in UK I could not attend and so rang the restaurant to ask if I could pay for the meal on my credit card as my birthday gift to her

I was eventually passed on to Sadek who advised me that he was the CEO and rudely told me that this was not possible and told his staff to cancel the booking as he did not need people like us at his venue asking for special treatment. This was despite the fact that they often accept credit cards from overseas for hotel bookings.

Clearly this establishment does not value its customers and as a consequence we took our booking for eight people to another restaurant.

There are many great places to eat so I suggest you take this one off the list and hopefully they will learn to treat their customers with respect in future.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Loved staying there. Wanted to stay longer.
Staff are brilliant, Oscar is the best.
Breakfast was delicious.
Amenities are on point.
The spa treatments were the highlight for us.
Would recommend anyone to stay here.
Will be back in future

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Felipe_Costa_10_2ND, General Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you for choosing 102ND Avenue Houghton Estate Hotel where we pride ourselves with 5 star service.
We look forward in welcoming you back again.

Gracious Regards
Management

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I flew in from Korea for a very quick visit to see my family. What a beautiful way to spend the weekend. The accommodation was perfect and the staff are so professional and accommodating. Thank you so much for a wonderful weekend!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Felipe_Costa_10_2ND, Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you so much for choosing and staying with us. We look forward to giving you the best at all times. Thanks once again.!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Upon check-in the Saturday afternoon we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was big, clean and all the furniture were very comfortable. It had everything we needed. There were also complementary water, biscuits, tea and coffee, and a fruit basket. We went to a nearby restaurant for dinner, and on our return to the hotel that evening found our bed turned down. We found that to be a nice touch. Breakfast at the hotel is fit for a king. The weekend that we were there the weather was still cold, so not good swimming weather. But as I passed the descent sized outdoor pool, I felt the water to see just how cold it would be, and to my surprise it wasn't that cold at all. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MientjieF
Felipe_Costa_10_2ND, Manager at 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us. We looking forward to seeing you soon as we continue to deliver our great services all the time.