Algotels
eDreams
Miriam H
Wonderful hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jul 2023
This was a beautiful hotel, all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located near the Rosebank Mall and the area felt very safe. We walked over to the mall several times for our meals. It was quite cold this time of year and the only complaint we had was that the water did not get very hot in some of our rooms.
Date of stay: July 2023
Room Tip: The included breakfast is worth it. The food was very good with a good selection.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    R 1 010
  • Priceline
7.4 km from The Winston Hotel
View more hotels in Johannesburg
All reviews visit johannesburg rosebank uber establishment safari
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2023

Fantastic staff and decent rooms which are a bit run down. Unfortunately the main light switch in our room did not work which we only found out when trying to switch the lights off. We had to switch all the electricity off.
The following day we were moved to a different room but I feel that an apology was not good enough. How about offering us a breakfast at the restaurant or something???
We won’t be going back.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2023

I booked this hotel via their website for my elderly mother who is traveling to SA for the first time and is extremely nervous.

The website states that you will not be charged and can change your booking up to 48 hours in advance. However, the FULL amount was taken from my account upon booking.

I then wrote to them to amend the booking as flights had changed and to request a refund for the nights I wouldn't take anymore.

No response. I called. Spoke to Anne. Promised me TWICE I would be refunded and she would respond to my email... Phoned again. Asked for the manager twice. No answer. Was promised I would get a call back. No call back and no email correspondence. I am now desperate to get my money back and will be taking my mother elsewhere. BEWARE! This is not an establishment you want to do business with. Something is very very off here...

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2023 via mobile

Sadly there was an issue with my room which meant I had to be swapped. In my new room the bed was as hard as a plank, meaning no sleep for me. Although requesting a swap back several times my request was ignored. So, although I visit Johannesburg weekly, I won’t stay here again due to the beds. The Hyatt closeby has great beads and much softer linen.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2023

The Winston Hotel in Rosebank, which is soon going to be The Park Hyatt Johannesburg is such a gorgeous, stylish, relaxed place, and I can't wait to see how Hyatt is going to take it even one step further. On this occasion, I only came for breakfast with the family. Apart from the security guy at the entrance, every single staff member was charming and efficient. And our waiter (from the DRC?) was a willing and able photographer... :) The Breakfast buffet is not the biggest in town but has everything you want in the morning and is a good value at R250 pp. On the day of our visit, they were out of smoked salmon. So instead of Eggs Benedict, I chose the omelet. A great alternative. We'll definitely be back. A relaxed time is always ensured here.

Room tip: Great design and style everywhere.
Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 23 January 2023 via mobile

The Winston is an amazing hotel, it’s cozy, elegant, best pool, amazing restaurant, but the best is the people that work at the hotel, thanks so much to Anne front desk you gave me so much tips of Johannesburg’s you take care of me, we had amazing chats, you are so professional! Suzane thanks so much front desk with all the care, with taking care of my trip to the safari ! All the waiters, the people that worked at the Winston are amazing humans !! I fell in love with the Winston Hotel, I will come back soon ! Thanks for everything, Georgina from Mexico !

Date of stay: January 2023