Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
SAVE US$22
Expedia.comUS$156
eDreamsUS$159
TravelocityUS$156
All reviews boutique hotel rosebank mall beautiful hotel i highly recommend this hotel rooms are spacious beautiful decor love this hotel small hotel wonderful stay breakfast was included late check business trip jo burg enjoyed my stay unity gautrain garden
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2020

This was quite simply one of the best boutique city hotels I have stayed at. The staff and management were attentive, courteous, helpful and delightful to be around.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, and am very excited for my next visit

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2020

I had a great time staying at this hotel, the room was beautiful and clean! The staff were very helpful and really made every effort to ensure I had a comfortable stay. I highly recommend this beautiful boutique hotel and will definitely be back on my next trip to South Africa.

Reviewed 14 December 2020

That this is rated as a 5 start hotel is incredulous! The management service was awful, the manager is rude and shouted at my colleagues, the dinner was inedible, the water was cold. In fact at every meal outside of the hotel. Customer service was totally amiss. The entire experience was a nightmare. The only credit really goes to waiting staff Paul and Unity. I left wondering if this was because we were black!

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at The Winston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

Having sought advice on this matter, we have decided not to comment on this in a public forum but will be contacting the NGO, Tekano, which you represent, directly.

Reviewed 28 November 2020

I had a wonderful stay and the staff were really friendly and attentive. The room was spacious, bright and clean. The pool is great and the garden is beautifully well kept. The central location makes it really easy to get around the city . I will definitely be back

Date of stay: November 2020
General Manager, Owner at The Winston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Dear RobJenkins34,

On behalf of the staff and management of The Winston Hotel, I would like to thank you for your kind review and for staying with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

The Winston Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

I travelled for business. The wifi is almost non functional.

There is an alarm on the faulty solar panel system that beeps every 20 seconds.

Drunken, very loud guests in the bar were allowed to drink and party until 03.00 after which the poor security guard tried to guide them to their rooms.

My room was not cleaned and there is no soap - rest of the amenities are almost empty in the bottles which are not sealed.

I would never recommend this hotel and will never stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AliceleRoux

Dear AliceleRoux,

Whilst we greatly value and welcome our guests feedback, and feel it gives us a chance to listen and improve, it is also well known that Tripadvisor is at times used as a tool by guests for financial gain and unjustified compensation.

Our management team have been in touch with you and have tried to resolve these matters with you. Unfortunately you have denied their response and gesture of goodwill, as you say it does not cover your travel expenses of over R5000. We do not feel it is just nor our hotels responsibility to compensate your travel and flight expenses.

We have investigated your concerns in detail and would like to address the following;

There is no faulty solar panel, nor does it have an alarm. This has been checked and verified by our management team.

Our bar closes at 11pm, we do not serve alcohol after this time so guests would not be allowed to drink and party in the bar until 03:00.

Our housekeeping team attempted to clean your room on multiple occasions and you requested that they leave, as you were working in your room. Your soap was replenished and all of our amenities are replenished and replaced with new toiletries when finished as well as after each stay.

Our guests well-being is of utmost importance to us and our team do their absolute best to accommodate our guests needs, if at any point you had any complaints or requests, I have no doubt that our team would have addressed your concerns and assisted you at all times during your stay.

Regards,