All reviews beautiful garden safe parking home away from home stayed here felt very safe stay there again attention to detail guest house eileen establishment jhb security
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I loved this wonderful Guesthome! Eileen and her ladies were most gracious and welcoming. The guest rooms were beautiful, the morning breakfast, the outdoor surroundings, the cleanliness and the 'attention' to detail were what made our first trip to South Africa so fantastic while we travelled around the area. We felt very safe, secure and relaxed every day. Than you Eileen for being the perfect Hostess in so many ways!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eileen B, Owner at 49 on Norman Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Steve & Mary,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Sorry for the late reply. I think I Blocked Trip Advisor in error and only now did I find all the non responses to my reviews. Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Spent a family weekend in Gauteng with stop over for the evening at 49 On Norman. Loved it - clean, pressentable, willing to go the extra mile, friendly with 3 gorgeous little dogs ready to welcome you - but they never got in the way and never entered the accomodation side of the home. The rooms are well furnished, with a touch of class. Attention to detail. Breakfast was well presented, seeing to your every need.
Eileen is so helpful as are her team of ladies.We will be back.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lynda,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Sorry for the late reply. I think I Blocked Trip Advisor in error and only now did I find all the non responses to my reviews. I have so many people to apologise to.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

What a wonderfulle experience!! The owner was very friendly and made us feel right at home!!

We will defnitely recommend this questhouse.
Its clean, safe, modern with a beautiful garden with friendly staff!

Thanks again for a wonderfull stay!!
Kallie and Heleen Peters

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kallie & Heleen,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Sorry for the late reply. I think I Blocked Trip Advisor in error and only now did I find all the non-responses to my reviews. I have so many people to apologise to.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place.I stayed here with two colleagues from Zimbabwe during a course nearby. It was my first visit to South Africa. I must say, 49 on Norman ended up being the highlight of our stay. The host is just warm and gracious. I recommend this place for all who visit the place from outside the nation. Eileen took her time to show us around and make sure our every need was met. Bongi and team were also amazing and always on time.
Not to forget the small dogs that have hearts of lions.
I only have high praises

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Bothwell,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed at 49 on Norman for two weeks in December and would highly recommend it to any traveller visiting Jhb. Very good location to freeway, on site safe parking and a highly secured property.
The room was excellent and very clean. Access to a lovely lounge, an outdoor area with a large pool and a beautiful garden. Eileen is the ideal host, supplying a very good breakfast and a relaxing and safe environment. Washing and ironing of clothes was no problem. Will return when next in Jhb. Great value for money.

Room tip: all rooms appear to be suitable
Date of stay: December 2017