Open today: Closed

from US$16,00
More Info
Reviews (1 692)
1 692 results
All reviews theme park gold mine tower of terror thrill rides mine shaft water rides miners revenge whole family gold mining all ages during school holidays great fun gold rush a lot of fun family outing entrance fee apartheid museum
174 - 179 of 1 692 reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We went here for lunch but the buffet meal was disappointing. Average food, nothing really to write home about or that stands out.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We visited on a rather rainy day and the attraction was not well attended. This probably contributed to the park closing a majority of its rides and facilities. There were some interesting aspects - the recreation of the houses of early white settlers in the area and the ability to go down a little way into the gold mine. I did feel it very over-priced compared with the nearby Apartheid Museum.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

wqs ok for outing and just dont really like it is a bit far for me i must use 3 taxis before i get there

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank lydiad870
Reviewed 21 October 2017

My family and I went to Gold Reef City Theme Park on Saturday 14th October, We checked in early in order to enjoy all the fun activities and more-especially the rides. We spent the entire day there spending real family time, I was really amazed by the prices of food, they were very fairly priced without burning a hole in ones pocket. Their were a variety of food restaurants as well as meals on the go like hot dog stands. we also took a fun train ride around the entire theme park and jumped off at different stations to explore the area. My kid really enjoyed the animal farm and the hands on technology at the science lab. The rides were totally mind blowing and others just set you out on a romantic voyage when one takes the lazy boat ride. There were places were my kid won fabulous prizes at different gaming stalls. The underground mine tour, takes one to another dimension or a lost world, LOL, that's what my kid thought of that experience. This place is the REAL DEAL for family fun enjoyment and entertainment. Oh there's a little secret I'd like to share...Gold Reef City Theme Park are running a promotion called FREE ON THREE , Also with this promotion one gets a special passport also filled with discounts and free-bees. GO CHECK OUT THIS PLACE, IT'S GENUINE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.

1  Thank sivajig2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We were invited to a 9 yr old birthday party. Getting there was a bit stressfull as It is not in the nicest or safest area in JNB. Once inside it was verywell organized, clean and very well maintained. The rides are all included in you ticket price (you have to specify rider or non rider), butsome of the carnival games are very expensive. Will only return again if it is in a group.

Date of experience: May 2017